X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Creepshow - NATE "I Want My Cake!"

Well, it's time I put my money where my mouth is. I'm the guy who's always clamoring for Creepshow figures, so I decided to do my first serious custom.

I'm working on "Nate", the zombie with a taste for cake from the "Father's Day" segment of Creepshow.

My recipe is very simple. CTVT makes the skull head, black suit, shoes, and glow in the dark hands. I'm torn on how to approach. I want to make it Mego-y, but the level of weathering and dirt involved make that difficult. My compromise is to do some significant dirt, grime, rotting flesh, ripped clothes, etc... but to preserve the glow-in-the-dark hands in order to retain a Mego vibe.

Besides, if I want hyper realism, I simply will have my Shrunken Head Studios 1/6 Scale Nate for that.

So far, I have slightly modified the skull. Dremelled off the fangs, and widened the eye sockets.

The most work has been rooting the hair. Nate has a good amount of hair, so I took an old Halloween wig, and cut strands from it. I used a needle to thread them through, and a candle to seal them off so they don't come out. I purposefully left them a little long. They will be trimmed later. Next step will be to sculpt the rotting flesh and dirt around the hair. That'll be the fun part.

Here's the box art I designed in Photoshop, along with Nate as he stands right now.

Eventually I will need a serving tray, along with a female head on which to craft Nate's "cake" (heh heh)

Having fun so far!
    Attached Files
  • RobTMego
    Career Member
    • Mar 15, 2013

Very cool, I <3 creepshow!!

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

That's to cool Andy!!!!!

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Thanks! It's time to put up some new progress pics. I've been sculpting the head a bit. I'll have time later this Summer to hopefully get back into it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I haven't seen that film in years, but I can still hear him saying "I WANT MY CAKE!". You're definitely on the right track. The box looks great too!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎