X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CAZAFANTASMA
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2, 2013

I wanted to show you my D-ick

Hello guys, This is my first custom ever... A couple of months ago I purchased the Warren Beaty version of Dick Tracy in blue ray, man the colors and that photography really stand out there.... It reminded me how impressed i was when I was a kid , I kind of loved / hated the movie , and I def. collected the little coppers and gangsters toys.... so I decided to make a 12 inch and an 8 inch version of him... since this is the mego forum I will show you guys the 8inch version here.... The recipie, well, Chazam's body , custom made yellow coat, the gun from the coppers and gangsters figures... and the suit from the suit from classic tv toys..... THe head is from the Applause figures.... Please be gentle as this is my first custom and I'm planning on making more of these in the future!

Thanks!

I worked on a custom backdrop for him... and also, Sam Carchem is in tha house! LOL! How do you guys like that tommy gun? I also added his watch and switched his body with Dr Mego's swivel arms body and fist hands.... I really like it!

Last edited by CAZAFANTASMA; Feb 20, '13, 4:33 PM. Reason: changed name
    My EPIC FOR SALE threat ! http://megomuseum.com/community/show...oys-Real-nice!
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Very nice! I like him.

That yellow coat really pops on the screen.
    JediJaida

Comment

• DocDrako
      Formerly Doc Drako
      • Nov 11, 2004

Not that familiar with the character, but this custom is RaDaBoNzI-coOl!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

very cool
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Great job! The figure looks perfect and I love all the accessories!
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2, 2013

Thanks a lot guys, you're the best!!!!! I love the character so much that I want to make him a police car, so locally (thank god for kijiji) I found the famous "harry potter flying car" that I want to turn into a Police car.... BUT the roof is a bit low for him,.... Im planning on doing a heavy makeover to it, and saw the roof off and extend the base a bit higher so that he can fit... Any advice on where to cut? The bottom or the top of the roof?

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

Love it!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

neat, and love the car, it works well for the character.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Looks great. And show us the 12" Tracy!! Don't be shy.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

That looks great. I may need to steal that idea for the car.

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2, 2013

Thanks a lot guys, hey Hammer, feel free to steal any ideas, then show us your take on yours.... I'm currently working on a tommy gun for Tracy, cause let's face it, He doesn't look complete without a Tommy gun... As for the 12 inch Tracy, here it is... I'm also working on fixing the sculpt which was sculpted from scratch... not by me...

As for the mego figure, I'm planning on doing the other gangsters, and hopefully one Sam Catchem .... we'll see, this is a project that will take a couple of months .....

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Both figures look great! Great take on the trench coat.

As far as the car goes, are there any internal "guts" you can clean out? I recently had good luck customizing a vehicle by removing a battery compartment and reworking the seats... wondering if something like that would work here. You don't look off by much.

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2, 2013

Originally posted by sprytel
                          Both figures look great! Great take on the trench coat.

As far as the car goes, are there any internal "guts" you can clean out? I recently had good luck customizing a vehicle by removing a battery compartment and reworking the seats... wondering if something like that would work here. You don't look off by much.
                          Thanks a lot. I wasn't really thinking in cleaning out anything in the interior... the only fix would be to remove the handwheel to the right side (cause its on the left lol as all the cars in England has them there) .
                          My plan was to cut the roof out, and then extend the bases like 2 inches to the top.... then cover it with a bit of sculpey , sand a bit, and paint..... do you have any suggestions?
                          Thanks!

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2, 2013

More pics on the first post, I worked on a custom backdrop for him made and designed by me, also I put together a Sam Catchem.... Next on the list... Flat-top!

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Wow! Both scales are awesome! I especially like the 1/6th custom. That makes me want one for my collection. Nice work! You need to keep making custom figures. You do really good work. Nice sense of style and neatness to your figures. Both look store bought.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎