X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

Not that I have any time... at all...

This is a job request for a local band who plan on doing a Michel Gondry style stop-motion garage video for one of their songs.

There are a LOT of changes that I have to make to the chin outline, nose, lips, orbital sockets, etc. I'm going to finish the eyes and then make 1/9 scale 3D glasses that are form cut to seat in the hair, so if they transition to practical shots for eye movement the change won't be jarring.

I'm also retooling a composite body from Matty and WWE parts, Dinah arms, and some Lion rock hips, fresh sculpting, etc.

(working body here with Karaoke Raider, which is wearing one of the first batch of fabric outer robes I've been able to find matching dye lots for)
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

nice work r. You should market the body. Especially if it will hold up to stopmo.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Body looks great. Head sculpt looks dead on, too.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• babycyclops
        Career Member
        • Jul 9, 2010

Great likeness on the head sculpt.

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

Your work always amazes me

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Looks cool! Who's the band?

Comment

• Tothiro
              Kitten Mittens
              • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
              Looks cool! Who's the band?
              They go by The Plague Sequence (for the UK chaps - not the UK gang by that name). I'd classify them as ...uhm... electronic synth quasi sociopolitical geekcore? I mean, they sample 8-bit video game soundtracks and Noam Chomsky... so ... whatever that is filed under.

Originally posted by jimsmegos
              Your work always amazes me
              Aaaw, Gwan'now!!!

Ok - had a chance to finish the hair, headphones and refine the lips, nose, etc. The eyes are a little vague but they're actually seating behind scale 3d glasses and won't be visible.
              I'd like to go over it again and clean up the eyes, sharpen the lips, etc etc etc, but it's time for delivery - so I have to put the final body together and suit her up.
              I've never sculpted anyone I've actually met before the work was done, so that was a fun change up (except for Mark Hamill - but technically I haven't finished that yet)
              (Other pics 1-10 in folder for turnaround)

Last edited by Tothiro; May 27, '12, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Tothiro
                Kitten Mittens
                • Aug 28, 2008

Update-O-Rama!!!
                The production actually hit a schedule snag, which is nice for me because I can take my time on a few things now I couldn't before. I really prefer going over things a third time.
                This is the first paint test - with a new mod to the torso (last minute breast reduction!) and I'm having a light tech friend of mine supply me with red and blue gels this evening to fabricate little itty bitty 3D glasses. Woot.

Comment

• Neutron X
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 22, 2007

Looks great! I can't wait to see it when it's finished! Dig the custom body too!

Comment

• Tothiro
                    Kitten Mittens
                    • Aug 28, 2008

GAR! So frustratingly close to finished with the base doll now...
                    Was able to wrap up the new neck, and took eyeballed guesses on a preliminary 3D spec. Unfortunately I got the measurements way off and the cuts are a little wonky - so I need to do that all over again, but this was instructive and thankfully it won't put me behind.
                    Update:

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎