X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astro-greg
    • Mar 8, 2010

Hordak!

Hey!
    Just wanted to share a kit bash I had put together recently.

It won't be finished until I can get a cape onto Hordak. And that will require some custom work to get a cape on him. I haven't decided if I want to go with red vinyl to simulate the style of the original Hordak (albeit longer) or if I want to use fabric in the Mego style.

What I have done is just put a Hordak head from the original MOTU line onto a new Doc Mego body. The front armor has a piece on the inside that stabilizes it against the body. I didn't want to remove this initially, in case I didn't like the custom. So I reversed the torso as it sits better against the back. I just switched the arms around and viola.

I would love to do this with as many of the original MOTU figures as possible. The biggest limitation is that some of the figures lack a neck on the head, dependent on the neck sculpted onto the torso.

I have seen some people use the MOTU torso to modify a Mego body to a more muscular style. And I am considering this to make a He-Man custom work. Or I will create a neck plug that will allow me to attach a MOTU Classics head onto a Mego body. I am contemplating designing a neck plug that will allow me to attach a variety of different heads to the Mego body.
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

This looks awesome. Nice job! I'm surprised we haven't seen more He_man mego customs. They're cool.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• kennermike
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by astro-greg
      Hey!
      Just wanted to share a kit bash I had put together recently.

It won't be finished until I can get a cape onto Hordak. And that will require some custom work to get a cape on him. I haven't decided if I want to go with red vinyl to simulate the style of the original Hordak (albeit longer) or if I want to use fabric in the Mego style.
      Preserving Mego history today, making Mego history tomorrow.

What I have done is just put a Hordak head from the original MOTU line onto a new Doc Mego body. The front armor has a piece on the inside that stabilizes it against the body. I didn't want to remove this initially, in case I didn't like the custom. So I reversed the torso as it sits better against the back. I just switched the arms around and viola.
      Preserving Mego history today, making Mego history tomorrow.

I would love to do this with as many of the original MOTU figures as possible. The biggest limitation is that some of the figures lack a neck on the head, dependent on the neck sculpted onto the torso.

[img]http://web.me.com/uptongl/Auctions/Mego_Customs.html#11[/img]

I have seen some people use the MOTU torso to modify a Mego body to a more muscular style. And I am considering this to make a He-Man custom work. Or I will create a neck plug that will allow me to attach a MOTU Classics head onto a Mego body. I am contemplating designing a neck plug that will allow me to attach a variety of different heads to the Mego body.
      pretty cool Greg!

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Greg, that looks amazing!

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

awesome man
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

Thats an Amazing custom. Great job.
            Sammy

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Great piece, Greg! Looks spot on, bro!
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

That is wicked! Nice job.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I think he's terrific!!

I would go with a vinyl cape, maybe Ledy-style. 3-Ring binders & beach balls work great.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Damn, most impressive so far
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

That is very impressive. That is a nice piece to behold. Excellent custom!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Hordak is just so cool in general--kind of gargoylesque with bat elements. Such a striking design.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megocrazy
                          Museum Trouble Maker
                          • Feb 18, 2007

All the Mattel Hordak's are going to be jealous. He doesn't have the eternal squat. Nice job.
                          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• mirrorman
                            On Patrol
                            • Jul 18, 2011

Great job ... he looks so cool

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                              Persistent Member
                              • Oct 3, 2007

Good eye! You put it all together great. Also the Madman? custom is awesome too. Not too sure if I remembered the charactor or his name.
                              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎