Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr.Mind
    • Jan 1, 2010

Custom 1/9th Female Body

Hi. This is my first custom post in the site. I wanted to wait until I had something I felt was decent enough as to show you guys, so, here goes my little story:

For quite some time now I've been wanting to enter into the Mego customizing world, but I couldn't find any female bodies that actually satisfied me to start with as a base. What's already out there is either too articulation-limited, or too retro for my tastes, so, after some fruitless searches, I decided to start the works on a body I crafted from scratch. What you're about to see is one of the final stages in the creation of my prototype:

This figure was created using epoxy clay, and a few parts in it have already been cast with resin (such as both torso segments, upper and lower legs, and lower arms)...

The inner articulation is based on a string 'system' which allows her to have a larger range of posing alternatives. I'm having certain trouble with the casting of those independent fingers, so I may end up using fixed fingers instead of what you see here.

I'm glad to see this is starting to take a final shape --after months of hard work-- but I'd appreciate any and all comments you might have on the figure.
    I hope you enjoy the images, and thanks for having me...

Last edited by Dr.Mind; Jan 18, '13, 1:36 PM.
    'That which makes us dream, sets us free...'
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Looks pretty amazing. Do you have any clothed pictures?
    Last edited by pmwasson; Mar 3, '11, 10:48 PM. Reason: typo
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Wow....

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

Looks incredible. Will this be easy to restring if it should ever break? Have you ever made a body like this before, because if looks like you know what you're doing.

Comment

• bobws
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 13, 2008

Wow, a very well rounded figure. Amazing posing potential too.
          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Great articulation.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• gaga4toyz
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 10, 2004

Great job. That looks like alot of work.

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

very nicely done
                Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Wow Dude! That is INCREDIBLE!! A couple of questions: Are you going to offer them for sale? Will they accommodate a Mego Female or Zica Head? And will there be a 2nd version with smaller Breasts?

Thanks, Dane
                  sigpic

Comment

• Jerry68
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 12, 2008

Awesome! That looks incredible, just tell me when I can buy some.
                    sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

Great Work Dude .
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Dr.Mind
                        • Jan 1, 2010

Wow... Thank you so much for your comments, you all are so kind.

And now, for some answers: I have not any clothed pictures yet, Pmwasson. I think I'll make some after I solve issues with the arm swivel, which still doesn't work the way I want it to.

It might be harder to re-string this gal, specially if you compare it with the classic or the Emcee figures... Too many moving parts, and I intend to conceal the posts that hold both the hands and the feet, so, definitively it might not be the easiest thing to do... This is only my second attempt in this scale, Torgospizza. I commonly work with smaller figures, though in years past I was cranking out some clone trooper armors in 1/6th scale. If you want to check 'em out, here's a link to my sculpture blog. I'll be very glad if you visit me any day: http://lalunaworkshop.blogspot.com/

http://lalunaworkshop.blogspot.com/2...parte-dos.html (This is a direct link to the clone trooper armor)

Thanks to you too, The Bat. Most of the pieces you see in the pictures come from a second set of molds, which --still-- do not work as I intend (they currently are too time-consuming to use) so I made some modifications to the pieces, and the next thing to do is craft new molds. If I come to a point where casting the pieces gets less excruciating, Yes, I'll be glad to offer bodies for sale. I don't think they would easily accommodate soft heads, since the body needs a resin-hard head to hold it together... It'd be interesting to do some testing on the matter, though... And, yes, my intention is to have 3 different chest sizes for alternate figures.

I'm really excited on all of your comments. Thank you so much to everybody for taking the time to check this out. I promise to post any updates I have in the developing of this figure.

Comment

• Dr.Mind
                          • Jan 1, 2010

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                          Great Work Dude .
                          Wow... I'm humbled. An honor, specially coming from you, man... = D

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                            Vet.
                            • May 22, 2007

Outstanding work dude... welcome to the museum.

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

That is GREAT! Articulation is most awesome. That's one of my major beefs about Megos--I can't pose them for the shots I want.
                              Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                              Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                              1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎