X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

Grrr - stupid working weekends

Black is slimming, unfortunately it also makes for crappy photo detail, sorry.

Truth be told I'd like to re-mold this after making some corrections and changes, but since I'm never satisfied with anything I make I'm just going to move on to the armor and related projects

Speaking of related:

I'm casting up spare cylon heads now - I'll let everyone know when they're ready to invade.
    Last edited by Tothiro; Mar 2, '09, 3:42 PM.

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

Nice work, Tothiro! Can't wait to see the armor!

I tells ya, I wasn't ever thinking of doing a Galactica custom Mego collection, now it's looking like I have no choice! How much will the heads go for?
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Mefiboschet
        Career Member
        • Nov 29, 2003

Looks awesome. Please count me in for the head. Will you be doing the chest /backpack piece as well?

Seeing the 4-armed figure, is that a hint for a possible next BSG custom? ....OVION??????

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

Is that going to be an Ovion Body? cool.

I always wondered what a Cylon looked like without his armor on
          It's all good!

Comment

• Tothiro
            Kitten Mittens
            • Aug 28, 2008

I really wanted to make the armor and backpack one piece like the tinman's, but I was working out how to set it up for casting before I started. I think I just figured it out (a weight differential between front and back would have made the armor ride up into the chin) I should get started on that tonight.

Heads will be unpainted, $13.00 shipped in US.

And yes - oh yes, there will be Ovions (Ovion? Ovioni? Oveese?)

I also need a dip-chroming service... Anyone have any recommendations there? I think Ron Pringle (or was it Bry?) had an Antron dipped back in the day... I should probably ask Acroray...

Originally posted by polyester
            Wow. It's looking great. What are you using to sculpt with?
            Thanks, I'm using a blended wax (not exactly sure of the recipe, got it from Gentle Giant and I'm using it up before dipping into the Hasbro mix) with a Kerrlabs ultra-waxer.
            Last edited by Tothiro; Mar 2, '09, 6:36 PM.

Comment

• stuart
              Hi-Yo Silver Away!
              • Jun 18, 2007

Now, that is just fantastic.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                Career Member
                • Nov 29, 2003

I used chrome-spray in the past and it worked great. It's not the real thing, but close to it.

Looking forward to see the Ovion.
                And definitely count me in on the Cylons.

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

The sculpt came out great, looking forward to seeing the armor
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Tothiro
                    Kitten Mittens
                    • Aug 28, 2008

Heads are ready. Feel free to flood my in-box.

Started the armor - not happy with the volume but I'm still fleshing it out. AcroRay was kind enough to give me the chroming info, so once the pieces are done I can check with them and price it out. Temp suit-guy here is helping me judge the waist-coat length, eventually the belt will have four silver boxes in the front and holsters - I need to find good photo ref for the blasters and daggers though and I haven't been able to yet. I was also planning on doing specialized hands, but I may leave them chips - not sure. either way the gun I want to make would work in either hand.

Now that I've said all that I'm really intrigued by a simple printed spidey suit version with a hot neon colored blaster ala trek.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 29, 2003

Here are some pics:

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                        Career Member
                        • Nov 29, 2003

Here are some more:

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                          Career Member
                          • Nov 29, 2003

And some more Cylon Centurion pics:

Comment

• Tothiro
                            Kitten Mittens
                            • Aug 28, 2008

Thanks for the rifle pics - I'm trying to pull only from screen captures or direct prop auctions when I can because toy and home prop constructions have proven pretty inaccurate. I've used a few 12" figure pics for scale ref from post approval though when I could compare contrast with actual suits.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                              Persistent Member
                              • Oct 3, 2007

Yeah!!!! Classic Battlestar RULES!!! Your centurian looks great. A Gold one would be cool also!!! Like from on the GUn on the ice planet episode... Fantastic work!!!
                              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                                Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                                • Oct 8, 2007

Very impressive work. I am really psyched about this project. I think you would do very well with an unfinished custom cylon kit with head, armor, beltbags, weapons, etc. that you could sell. I'm in for two definately. They look better in pairs. Great Job. Thanks.

I recently used the Chrome paint, on another figure. It came out pretty good, and is holding up nicely. The silver paint seems to have trouble drying completely, but the chrome has a pretty tough looking and solid finish.
                                "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎