Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain_Mego
    Vet.
    • May 22, 2007

I just seen this thread and I have to say thats some amazing work you have done on this project as a whole so far. The sculpting is incredable. You really catpured the essence of each charactor. Spot on ,my hats off to you.

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

This is all I have accomplished tonight. I am too tired to push on.

I have massaged and mushed and tried everything but nothing is working on the hilt to make it progress the way I want. I have worked on this hilt for an hour or so and just gave up. I have to build a platform first and that's what you see here. On top of that I will massage the pattern... but I guess that will have to wait for tomorrow as it is baking now. The important thing is that I at least did something on this project, even though it doesn't look like it.

I will probably extend the clay down a bit more to make it more dramatic. I hope that with a platform to build up on it will be easier. Tonight just wasn't happening.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Impressive work on the sword
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• DocDrako
          Formerly Doc Drako
          • Nov 11, 2004

You know, if I see much more awesome work in this thread, MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE! Is there any character that you can't capture with your sculpting skills? I doubt it. The apes are absolutely amazing and I'm not even a huge ape fan. Looking at your sculpts is making me want to collect more Mego apes, watch Planet of the Apes films, watch Planet of the Apes tv episodes, watch Planet of the Apes cartoons...I think you get the picture. Fantastic work!

The Link project is sweet!
          Last edited by DocDrako; Sep 25, '09, 7:56 AM.
          "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

Your attention to detail is Amazing
            Sammy

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

My first real ape sculpt that is complete without a human head underneath!! Here he is on a Sideshow body. I know he will look spectacular when I paint him up!!

Closeup:

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

He looks great Jess! I'm telling you, you're in the wrong line of work!
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

I couldn't work on the sword last night after I dropped you off Sharry. I had some wine and then got too sleepy...

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Sword progresses steadily onward. This part is baking now. I will add the diamond after the circle thing near the hilt is cured. Sorry--I'm bad about my weapons terminology.

Aw crap...forgot to bake the back of the shield. I'll have to try to remember that the next time I bake.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

I call this sword almost done! Just needs painting, and the leatherwork wrapped around the hilt. It shouldn't look so raggedy once it's all painted up.

Here it is wrapped in leather. I don't like the way it looks. I will try the herringbone wrap and if it still looks stupid, I'm going to sculpt it in...Reason why I need to get this done is because I need to get started on sculpting the hand holding the sword...if I can manage that. There's always a first time.

Last edited by jessica; Sep 27, '09, 11:12 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

Look how perfectly the left hand grasps the sword. This is the same hand that the figure came with. I should have left well enough alone...I should have painted on some liquid latex to create the gloves....But noooooOO!!!! I wanted to sculpt gloves over them, and seriously burned all the fingers to nubs in the oven. Grrrr!!!

Now I am left to sculpt the left hand. I have no choice. Crap. Things always happen for a reason. Only this time I just can't see it...I could just cry....And why does my foot want to cramp up on me? Why oh why? I'm going to bed....

Last edited by jessica; Sep 30, '09, 1:08 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Sorry about the hand, but the swords kicks major butt
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

Here are the beginnings of my sculpted hand and the death of the other hand:

The thumb is a bit whacky but I want to cure the clay and I will shave it down with a sharp blade, because I don't want to mess it up. It's the first hand I made ever and will not be the last. I wish you guys could see it in person. It looks almost real, especially because of the way the light goes through the clay.

Last edited by jessica; Oct 1, '09, 1:10 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

MacDonald from Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. I used a crinkled ball of foil to add the texture to his hair.

As I found him at Big Lots:

Last edited by jessica; Oct 3, '09, 3:32 PM.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎