• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Mego scale:

This is underneath that makeup:
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• will5967
      Member of the Assembly
      • Sep 27, 2009

Fantastic!
      Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Thank you. The top of the vinyl head was still too tall so I had to lop part of it off.

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by jessica
          Thank you. The top of the vinyl head was still too tall so I had to lop part of it off.
          Action figure abuse! My EYES!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

That is crazy! The head looks phenominal. If Doc raises the POTA lineup from the dead I hope he hires you to sculpt some apes.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

Quick photos for sizing on a beater Mego. Yes, he's missing his left hand.

Now that I am ready to start on my crazy nativity scene, I can't find the head of the baby chimp. *sigh* So I guess I will have to sculpt it...and also I need to get Cornelius outfitted and painted. If I can have the three main players by this Christmas, at least it's a start...I can always add a few figures every year.

To do list:

Comment

• will5967
                Member of the Assembly
                • Sep 27, 2009

Looking good. Looking GREAT!!!
                Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Really nice work. Judging from what you wrote it looks like you going to do a custom chimp suit. That could be really cool.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

My nativity set will be AWESOME!! Really excited about it....I will probably sculpt the baby tonight or tomorrow....

I finished one more painted head for Ivanisky, so I have about 3 more to go and currently working on his Sulu. He was almost perfect yesterday but I ran out of paint and then the paint job looked like severe eczema....so I'm trying to fix it.

I will also have to try to lighten what I thought was done. So I guess...four more to go...painting is really tough and time consuming, but I want them to look spectacular. Good enough is not acceptable.
                    Last edited by jessica; Dec 9, '11, 11:54 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• babycyclops
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 9, 2010

Oh man, the ape nativity scene is such a great idea Jessica, it'll be very exciting to see you pull this together!
                      Maybe next year the three wise orangutans will be the ones bearing gifts?

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by babycyclops
                        Oh man, the ape nativity scene is such a great idea Jessica, it'll be very exciting to see you pull this together!
                        Maybe next year the three wise orangutans will be the ones bearing gifts?
                        Yes, sky's the limit. When I run out of apes to populate the nativity scene...I will start sculpting the animals. The only thing that I will not make is the building they are in--because it is 1:6 scale and it's going to be enormous.

To do list:

Comment

• will5967
                          Member of the Assembly
                          • Sep 27, 2009

It's a wonderful idea. Extremely creative and quite in keeping with the central idea behind the Planet of the Apes saga. So much of our own society, history, culture, science, technology, etc, has been adopted by the apes in the future depicted in the films. It's a FANTASTIC idea and is just as valid or even more so than seeing a Nativity scene with teddy bears or some other kind of animal characters, all wearing ancient Judean garb. Keep up the outstanding work, Jess!

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

To do list:

Comment

• will5967
                              Member of the Assembly
                              • Sep 27, 2009

Delightful!

Comment

• boss
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 18, 2003

Dang! You're awesome.
                                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎