Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will5967
    Member of the Assembly
    • Sep 27, 2009

So, did you decide to make the head smaller?
    Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

I resculpted. I really hate the way he paints up. I'm going to put him down for now and work on something I love.

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• will5967
        Member of the Assembly
        • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
        I resculpted. I really hate the way he paints up. I'm going to put him down for now and work on something I love.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...DSC07879-2.jpg
        Awesome! The ape makeover is such a dramatic improvement over the original stoic faced head. Looks like a Dragon Models Ltd. figure head. Either way, the eyes worked out really well!
        Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

I'm really happy with how he is turning out!

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Cmonster
            Banned
            • Feb 6, 2010

Dr. Galen-- That looks AMAZING, Jess!!!

SC

Comment

• will5967
              Member of the Assembly
              • Sep 27, 2009

Pretty awesome! There are some incredibly effective minor characters in that first film, but for me, Dr. Galen is one of the most realistic and almost chilling to watch. Every time I see that scene, with his hairy simian arms so nimbly at work in the lab, and the chilling note in his voice as he quips, "Hold his jaw!" And how incredibly expressive his face is through the entire scene.... Wow! His presence in the picture adds a layer of richness to the Planet of the Apes that, although quite brief, is actually somewhat startling in its depth of character. And if I'm not mistaken, he reappears later on, in the crowd scene, helping to hurl stuff at poor Col. Taylor (not long after he's broken loose to avoid being castrated, no less). Anyway... OUTSTANDING WORK, AS USUAL!!! Keep it up! Way to Jessica (clap, clap), way to go! [Courtesy of your personal cheerleading section, of course!]

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

Still massaging but he's getting there. I think he will be spot on once I put color on him.

I think....I think I want to resculpt Galen...
                Last edited by jessica; Nov 30, '11, 9:00 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• will5967
                  Member of the Assembly
                  • Sep 27, 2009

Yeah, the sculpt is very, very well done and I would definitely keep it because it's so good, but he looks a bit more serene than Dr. Galen did in those famous scenes. He actually came off as a pretty grumpy ape. Someone that you'd expect WOULD be at the forefront of an enraged, fruit and stone hurling mob.

Comment

• Chris
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 23, 2009

Damn that dirty ape looks good. I was thinking that Urko was going to be my final 1:6 custom. Now you have me all confused.
                    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Snick what about the three tribunal orangutans? And Galen from the TV series? Don't your Burke/Virdon need him?

And for the record, Dr. Galen looks way better in person that the photo. I think once his eyes are repainted he will look grouchy, Will.

I'm not happy with my other Galen, so I'm in the middle of resculpting him.
                      Last edited by jessica; Dec 1, '11, 10:28 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Jess you are an enabler. Galen is a must. I liked the last version you came up with. Now that your skillz can pay billz you'll make an even better version. Either way I'm in for a Galen.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

Sounds great!! This is the fourth time I am attempting sculpting Galen. Maybe the 10th time he will be perfect.

Last edited by jessica; Dec 1, '11, 4:06 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                            Vet.
                            • May 22, 2007

I think ,,I think,, you do Outstanding work Ms Jessica,,,The sculpt looks fantastic.

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

Tomorrow is a busy day for me, and I actually am starting piano lessons. Crazy to try and start to learn how to play the piano, I know. I really suck at that. Maybe I will be able to play a better song and do another Piano of the Apes on YouTube for more yucks.

I've really been dragging on finishing up my painting. I want to complete them this weekend so I can post something different!

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

Galen is looking really good. Good luck with the piano lesson.
                                Last edited by Chris; Dec 5, '11, 8:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎