Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Tadah! My lovely apes have been relegated to my bedroom for safety for now. Stoopid camera. So awful with low light. Just going to have to return this. I think I've been way more than patient with it.

Snick, Conquest gorilla would be easier to cobble...Caesar would be impossible with my current Cornelius sculpt....due to his facial features...but hair would be a breeze. I'm still wondering how I will style Cornelius's hair. I guess it would depend if it's for the first movie or the third movie...I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there.
    Last edited by jessica; Sep 23, '11, 8:24 PM.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

Now that's a photo to treasure. Out of curiosity, would you glue the gorilla mask down on your face? I'm set for this Halloween but I discovered a place that sells cheap red jumpsuits.

I think the 3rd movie Cornelius hair style would be the most remembered.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

No gluing down a gorilla face on me! LOL!! The only time I was a gorilla was when I freaked out the children at a Halloween b-day party, and I used Dylan's pullover foam latex mask around 2010. I blacked out the skin around my eyes and I thought I looked pretty scary. Just petite. Plus I'm sure I totally looked out of character because I love to cross my legs like a girl. Forgot to take photos, though.

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Great. It would be one less thing to be concerned about. Is there a mouth hole to drink? I'm not worried about breathing.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by Chris
            Great. It would be one less thing to be concerned about. Is there a mouth hole to drink? I'm not worried about breathing.
            Yes...and actually breathing is not a problem with foam latex...but it is with just regular latex. If you want to leave the mask on and drink you would have to use a straw. I can actually drink without a straw if I am desperate while wearing Zira's foam latex, but I am careful because I just don't want to wet the foam latex while I am wearing it. Plus, drinking protein shakes through a straw is my only form of food while in costume.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Fantastic. Thx for answering my many questions. I'm sorry I didn't pursue the Conquest gorilla costume this year. Next year I'll be in better shape finacially...I hope.

Comment

• ironman1188
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 11, 2007

Originally posted by Chris
                Fantastic. Thx for answering my many questions. I'm sorry I didn't pursue the Conquest gorilla costume this year. Next year I'll be in better shape finacially...I hope.
                Unless you decide to make the Escape version of the Icarus......
                Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by ironman1188
                  Unless you decide to make the Escape version of the Icarus......
                  But I want one sooooo bad I'll die if I don't get it!

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

You will not die, Snick, but you will be happier when you have the gorilla mask. And really, you can't compare the comfort level of the spandex hood and foam latex vs. the sweaty latex ape mask. Plus, the Apemania economy latex masks are made over-sized so that they can fit more people.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
                      You will not die, Snick, but you will be happier when you have the gorilla mask.
                      My blood would be on your paws.

Plus, the Apemania economy latex masks are made over-sized so that they can fit more people.
                      You nailed it! That's what is wrong w/the apemania masks. That's why I was asking about glueing down the eye holes.

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

If I remember correctly, the Cornelius worn in 2008 for the BluRay European tour by Apemania is a deluxe pullover. If you check out this link, you can see the photo of Cornelius before blending and after.

Log into Yuku | Free forums, social networks, communities, chat rooms

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

If you check out this link, you can see the photo of Cornelius before blending and after.
                          Wow!!!! That mask really works. I luvz me some apemania but I'd have to wait until you created one which I believe would be hundreds of dollars cheaper. I don't want to remortgage my home for a Halloween costume.

Comment

• LAST SON OF KRYPTON
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 15, 2010

Awesome work as usual Jess!!!
                            I'm here to fight for truth, and justice, and the American way.

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

My latest unfinished project, my first resin kit ever from Apemania!! This photo is from their website but the one I have is just as beautiful!! One day I will paint her up nicely. She stands nine inches tall and weighs about six pounds. Actually I'm inspired to try to create a statue of the President of the Academy. I may do just that as a treat after finishing Ashton's Halloween costume, which will be a simple Blue Angels flight suit. All I need to do is cut out the fabric and sew.

Oct. 10=I was able to cut out Ashton's complete outfit from 2 yards of fabric that had a measurement of 32" from selvage to selvage. I even have enough to make pockets. I just wish I could find the zippers I had purchased. I am ready to put this together, but the lack of zippers is holding me back from banging it out.

I heard from the apevine that any day now, these custom apes will be hitting the auction block:

Last edited by jessica; Oct 11, '11, 8:52 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• will5967
                                Member of the Assembly
                                • Sep 27, 2009

Way to go, Jessica of the Apes!
                                Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎