X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
    My dad just told me that the Burton apes look way better. BLASPHEMY!!!! Burton and my movie in the same phrase. How insane is that? See what I have to live with?
    He's old so we'll forgive him...I guess. BTW, you have to update your "To Do" because Urko is finished...unless your next goal is to make an Urko helmet.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Still working on his teeth...they are actually very brownish, but with a flash they look white. And since he's ALMOST done, I WILL remove him from my "to do" list!

Last edited by jessica; Mar 6, '11, 1:00 AM.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

Nice! The teeth look dead-on.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Thanks! Photo of the teeth I will install. Look how brown they are compared to a white piece of paper:

Saw some image stills of gorilla upper teeth, so I decided at the last moment to make sure he has upper and lower teeth.
          Last edited by jessica; Mar 6, '11, 2:22 PM.

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

The brown teeth work. They don't overpower the mask. I've seen other homemade appliances and people go overboard w/the teeth. Yours are perfect. You are making this "as it is" not "as you think it is".
            Last edited by Chris; Mar 9, '11, 8:16 PM.

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
              Banned
              • Oct 25, 2010

My god......your talent is astounding!

Comment

• ironman1188
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 11, 2007

Jess, Urko looks amazing!! I would kill to be him!!
                Now that you have him done will a 1:6 version be forthcoming?

As for Burke, I have someone trying to see if the Mego version could be enlarged. Then I'll start deciding if that, Jess's or whichever will fill the bill.
                Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Ironman, Alex is ready to start Burke--I just need to send him funds. I have to ask him exactly what he means, cause he gave me two options. I was hoping I could just hire him and he could take care of the copies...not sure if he wanted to sculpt him and then I would be responsible for the copies. I want to double-check. In any case, his sculpts are always a work of art so if I have to cough it up, I have to cough it up.

As far as Urko, Ironman, I will help you put one together when you are ready. I'm just so freaking excited--we may have more than one ape at Wondercon this year because Jeff is going to put on ape gear and he's going to bring two or three other apes with him. Too bad it's the year of the rabbit. I may have to drive my minivan into the city so that we can "do the town" and maybe get photos at the cable cars or by the Golden Gate Bridge. We will have to play it by ear...we'd meet up at the convention and then go out and come back. Or perhaps we may not make it out at all. Everything is up in the air...but one thing is for sure...I WON'T BE THE ONLY APE IN TOWN. Yay!!!

Chris--I never thought I would ever be able to start one from scratch. Anything is possible I guess!

Thanks Mr. Krusher.

One last photo to double-check that teeth are not too brilliant. (I added one more layer of brown wash).

Farewell, my General Urko. Sniff. sniff. Godspeed.

Darn Romulan fabric has not been delivered. 5 days to deadline. At least I found my Uhura wig. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I will spray my boots black for Uhura and for Romulan Commander costume.
                  Last edited by jessica; Mar 7, '11, 2:50 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• ironman1188
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 11, 2007

Cool! I will be Urko one day!!
                    Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Thx for the last photos before sending him off. That is soooo hot!

I'll see if I can track down Alex Lopez and see if we can get the ball rolling w/Burke.

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

These boots were made for walking.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

Following up on the Pete Burke theme. Alex Lopez is indeed sculpting a 1:6 scale head. He needs 8 people for it to be worth his while. It looks like he needs 6 more like minded customizers.

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

I can find those apes, Chris. I am waiting to get exact $ amount from Alex Lopez before I rally the apes and send out a sentry to alert the Ape Kingdom. I already know two from the UK and two others from the US who would purchase in a heartbeat, since Alex's work is fabulous. I'm sure Ironman would love a cast as well.

Anyway, 8 customizers is nothing compared to the 20 or 30 individuals that other artists are asking for.

Samples of his work can be found here: Heads, heads, hea... - Sideshow Freaks

Urko has landed. I am excited to see him in public. Can't wait!

Stupid Romulan costume! Grrr!!!
                            Last edited by jessica; Mar 10, '11, 6:51 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

I was thinking 8 - 10 people was a pretty easy number to come up with too.

If you get some pix of your mask in the full attire please post them.

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

Chris I know we will find the 10 apes. Here's the headcount so far.

So far:
                                1. me
                                2. Ironman
                                3. Snickertown
                                4. Kfog
                                5. Rob R. from the Apes group
                                6. Dr. Zaius (from SSF)
                                7. Dr. Zaius (second head if he can afford it)
                                Last edited by jessica; Mar 10, '11, 9:39 PM.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎