Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Here is Ashton wearing the pajamas he helped sew. The arms are a little long, but he'll grow into it. He's still so teeny and can barely wear size 6 clothes. I think he's 37 pounds.

Last edited by jessica; Feb 14, '11, 2:29 AM.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by jessica
      OMG! One of my favorite sculptors, Alex Lopez, is ready to unveil his Starsky headsculpt~~ Really exciting, even though I don't ever remember watching Starsky and Hutch. Why am I spending so much energy making this sweater, you ask? Why, so Cornelius can wear it! And why not? I think he looks great in it.

This is Alex's sculpt of Starsky:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/starsky2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/starsky1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...s/starsky3.jpg

After I finish this sweater, I'm going to knit another one with an ultra simplified pattern to try to get the block of color to be thinner. Maybe it will look better in the lace weight yarn. I won't know until I cross that bridge. But at least I should finish this sweater and see how it looks.
      WOW! That sculpt of Starsky is amazing!

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by jessica
        Here is Ashton wearing the pajamas he helped sew. The arms are a little long, but he'll grow into it. He's still so teeny and can barely wear size 6 clothes. I think he's 37 pounds.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6628/dsc06315u.jpg
        WTG Ashton! Good job!
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

OH FUDGE!! Sharry the Star Trek convention is March 11. Are you available March 12 to hang out with me there? I need to get cracking on my costume. I may have to go as Uhura if I can't get my act together. I just ordered a pair of thigh high boots which I hope will fit. I hate hustling. It really sucks and it's stressful.

Feb. 15: Boots came. Yay. Not exactly thigh high. Boo. Just ordered a pair of thigh high black socks. On an interesting note, when you wear thigh high socks, a short skirt does not feel as short as it really is.

Alex has some posts of his work in progress here: Statue Forum - Sculpting Heads. One of them is 1/9 scale bust! holla!

Feb. 17: OMG...I could smell the finish line for this inverness jacket. The wool I am sewing is really scrumptious, and the lining is divine. It's a very heavy jacket. My arms are tired from sewing the collar area, because the jacket is so heavy to wield around the sewing machine. I just have to figure out how to install the lining...and finish the underarm area and I'm done. I broke a needle--luckily I had an extra around. Not having an extra needle would have stalled this project a few days. It might be crazy of me to say this, but if I pushed myself I could finish it tonight.

As the jacket winds down to a close, I must stoke the fire for my Romulan fabric, which grows ever slowly. Five hours later, I have crocheted only enough for the sleeve. Who would think that something I learned in fifth grade would come in handy someday?

Double crap! I just broke my crochet hook, a cheap plastic thing so I need to find another.

Jacket is looking mighty nice but I just realized I can't do the hem because I don't have a dress maker's dummy and my husband is not the same size body-wise as Dave. I did the hem for my Zira outfit myself and it looked like crap. I had to have my sister help me measure out the hem on that one.

I swear one day I'm going to figure out how to do the moving eyeballs so that I could have more realistic shots of Zira and Cornelius.

Feb. 28: Screw my Romulan costume. I forgot to order more yarn while we were out of town to time the delivery...so if I want it next day I would have to pay $20 to get it in 3 days. So...I guess it's Uhura again. I'm not going the pon farr route again as T'Pring and shivering to death in that sleeveless outfit.
          Last edited by jessica; Feb 28, '11, 9:25 PM.

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

40 gun salute in Ape City! The jacket has arrived safely. Hopefully Dave will share a picture of him wearing the jacket.

Working feverishly now on hairing up Urko and breathing some life into him. Raising the fire under this project so by the time the fabric comes for my Romulan outfit, I can concentrate on that and see if I can make the deadline. At least there is always Uhura to fall back on. Ho hum but...time got out of control for me and the Trek Convention is coming to town.
            Last edited by jessica; Mar 2, '11, 6:37 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Captain_Mego
              Vet.
              • May 22, 2007

Outstanding work Jess,,You are so talented I am always impressed with you.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Jess,

Did you ever sculpt a 1:6 scale Pete Burke head? 'Cuz I need one. I have your Pete Burke outfit but no head to go with it. My doll resembles a hardcore, made-for-cable last episode of the TV show where Urko beheads the as-tro-nauts.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

I've sculpted Burke three times now and he still looks like crap. I need to shed the guilt from the Ada Chan debacle, who totally let me down. I have asked Alex Lopez to sculpt him, and he will. I just have to put the funds together for that so he can start the project.

To do list:

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                    Vet.
                    • May 22, 2007

Jess don't let it bother you..Some sculpts come easier than others ,,who knows why really.
                    I have one now that giving me fits. I work on it ,,then out it down,,work on it then out it down. Others I think will be hard some easy and some I think will be easy I cant get right. Your a great sculptor. I am sure you will get it done eventually. I believe in your talents. I am going to keep banging away at this one till it's right. Might take me forever but I will give it all I got.

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Thanks Captain. On some fights you just have to hire the mercenaries so you can preserve your strength for bigger battles.

Last edited by jessica; Mar 5, '11, 2:52 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

Excellent work, Jess!

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

Whoo! 40 gun salute in Ape City. Urko lives!!

Just a slight haircut and teeth installation, and he marches out of Ape City in full glory. Oh wait...he's a general. He rides out of Ape City in full glory.
                          Last edited by jessica; Mar 5, '11, 5:20 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

The gorilla sculpt is amazing! I kept looking at the one photograph thinking it was an original from the 1970s but it was your sculpt. That's wild.

Maybe we can pool our funds together and have your sculptor do Pete Burke? Ironman might be interested too, however, you just killed the Starsky sculpt I think Pete Burke would be in your "wheel house".
                            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

My dad just told me that the Burton apes look way better. BLASPHEMY!!!! Burton and my movie in the same phrase. How insane is that? See what I have to live with?

To do list:

Comment

• HardyGirl
                                • Apr 3, 2007

Burton's apes are better?? NO WAY!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎