X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

That's hot! You are so talented.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

Amen

Originally posted by jessica
      Mifune slowly forms. I can probably finish him off in two or three more layers of baking. I am glad to have resculpted him. I think he looks better and an oversized head would just bug me.
      You go girl!
      —-
      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
      - Captain Spock
      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Chris
        That's hot! You are so talented.
        She sure is
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Size is awesome now. So happy!

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Very cool sculpts... Even what you thought was too big looked good and the robes, etc. would have pulled it all together...

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

while mifune is baking, i guess i will start on another project before i go back to my samurai. this is going to be mego scale:

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• mikeoz
                Mego Maker
                • Mar 9, 2007

Fantastic! I can't wait to see how this sculpt turns out.
                Looking for:
                Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

while mifune is baking, i guess i will start on another project before i go back to my samurai. this is going to be mego scale:
                  http://25.media.tumblr.com/yZChWGr3k...vOE2o1_500.jpg
                  Yay! I do believe this is the head for my FF Joker!
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Chris
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 23, 2009

This is going to be great! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
                    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

I'm serious when I ask this: Do you plan on giving him a mustache? I know it'd be painted over (like it was whited over on the show) but knowing your high attention to detail...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/yZChWGr3k...vOE2o1_500.jpg

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

somebody asked me the same question earlier. adding the moustache will be the final bit to the sculpt--like the carrot on a stick to make me finish this project. I need to get photos hopefully of left, right and front view with the same expression, cause right now i'm having a tough time with this guy. it's driving me ape.

i confess..i love to sculpt hair--that's my favorite part of doing a sculpt, because it means it's almost done. when i get to that part of it, i know it's the home stretch.

I'm putting away the joker for now until I find better pictures. Besides, I get to do another sculpt, which means a lot to my friend, so I need to concentrate on that. I am going to sculpt his dad. Yay.

Cesar Romero--his eyelids are difficult to capture, because he could easily look Asian in the sculpt. Have to be most careful. I can't wait to start sculpting on his hair.

This is his face right before firing:

November 11, the beginnings of hair! Oh double crap~!! His head has grown big. I'm putting him down and walking away. Not sure what I am going to do at this point. I was really happy with where he was going, but if he's bobble-headed it, I can't stomach it. Double crap! oh barf i feel sick....

December 28:
                        Poor joker has been shelved indefinitely. But that doesn't mean I won't come back to him someday.

This is my latest project:

December 30:
                        Still waiting to hear from my boss if I should finish up the head as is. Needs a final baking and smoothing now. Well maybe I an add some more hair while I wait.
                        Last edited by jessica; Dec 30, '10, 11:58 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

Cleaning up the sculpt:

I've been creating toys for Ethan, encouraging him to sculpt instead of watching tv. He sculpted the orange guy to the left, and I painted it. I think it's easier to sculpt in one color and then come in and color it later with a paint brush. We were just using up the Sculpey Bake and Bend I got. I don't really like it--it sticks to your fingers.

After I finish up the devil guy from Star Wars, I'm going to sculpt this:

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

I'm sure you are shooting for 12" but that would be wild in Mego scale.

It looks like Ethan has inherited your talent. The kid is already turning out impressive work.

Comment

• ironman1188
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 11, 2007

<edited>
                              Last edited by ironman1188; Jan 19, '11, 8:36 AM.
                              Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• TrueDave
                                Toy Maker
                                • Jan 12, 2008

Jess, did you see the post I made about the shrinking resin I found from Industrial Polymers? Hydrospan 400 I think ( studios downstairs)

A larger prototype would allow you more detail.
                                I got some experiments "drying " now, when they're done, AND i figure out how to work the new Digital Camera i'll send you pictures.
                                They also make an enlarging resin.
                                You can choose the % of the original you want by how many parts water you add.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎