X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by jessica
    Here are some Halloween photos from Friday's parade at school. I was really afraid that the latex would not have dried thoroughly by then even if I had blow-dried the heck out of it the day before, so I turned the mask inside out overnight. This made a weird ding on the left eye, which was a last-minute problem that we just had to live with. I have since fixed that by forcing it back into shape with a clothespin for a few hours. At least Ashton said that the mask did not smell anymore inside. I was really shocked at how sweaty his hair got--guess cause latex does not breathe like foam latex does. If only I had an oven large enough, I would have made it out of foam latex.
    http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2863/dsc05456w.jpg http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/870/dsc05458.jpg

Look how little Ashton is! Even if he is now 6 years old he can still wear size 4 toddler clothes.

This is my favorite photo, because you can see what mask Ashton could have ended with if I didn't put any effort into his costume. At least I learned how to make a slush latex mask. I'll have to see what kind of masks the kids will want to wear for next Halloween so I can plan for it!

This is Ethan wearing the Finn's outfit from Adventure Time, which I sewed for him the night before. I was really stressed out even if it was only a simple outfit.

Action shot. I hate digital camera lag.
    http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9419/dsc05530.jpg
    Congrats Jess, Ashton's suit looks so much better than the other one
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Renegade--with Pink House Studio's Reducit II.
      Last edited by jessica; Nov 4, '10, 10:07 AM.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

as always great stuff, the costumes are very cool!!

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

I just finished this chonmage for a headsculpt that could pass for a samurai. I will have to figure out how to cure the sculpey and not mess up the little plastic peg that holds the headsculpt onto the figure...or maybe just pluck that peg and bake it. Yeah. Maybe I'll do that.

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Wow, beautiful as always, Jess
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

Time to get back to this guy. I will try Mego scale so I won't have to worry about shrinking it.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

OMG she's so cute and awesome! I need to fix the back of her hair, but she's almost done, and ready for an official portrait. Yay! FYI, I plucked off the hieroglyph from the Sideshow Cornelius outfit and glued it onto her outfit. After trimming it's perfect scale for Megos!! And yes, I'm a sucker for packaging. I saw the chimp's face on the chocolate bar and had to buy it.

Here she is next to the Sideshow Zira:

Eh..spoke too soon. I decided her hair was too poufy, so I have dremelled it off and I will build it back up again:

Here's how she is before painting up, on a Mego body for sizing.
                Last edited by jessica; Nov 7, '10, 10:52 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

I decided to go ahead and make another samurai so that I could photograph some sword battles. I have to work with what I got, and this was the most samurai-looking headsculpt I currently had in the coffers:

This is after the makeover:

The operation that was necessary to accomplish this:

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

I decided to go ahead and make another samurai so that I could photograph some sword battles. I have to work with what I got, and this was the most samurai-looking headsculpt I currently had in the coffers:

This is after the makeover:
                    http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4350/dsc05623xj.jpg http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5926/dsc05624ih.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3783/dsc05621l.jpg
                    Looks like a samurai to me

Comment

• ironman1188
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 11, 2007

You cut out his brain you bloody baboon!

Looks great Jess. If you need samurai heads PLMK. I have a few that I don't think I'll ever wind up using. You're more than welcome to them.
                      Last edited by ironman1188; Nov 9, '10, 9:54 AM.
                      Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

Hey IM! THat would be great if you can spare one samurai looking head. I can't really tell how this guy will look while he remains unpainted. If you have a headsculpt that looks more samurai, I will turn this latest guy into a Chinese swordsman instead. I love those costumes, too!

To do list:

Comment

• ironman1188
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 11, 2007

Not a problem. I'll dig them out and you can have them all.

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

Mego scale Toshiro Mifune is in the works. Burke is there for sizing purposes, to make sure that I stay in scale. I was so tempted to take a mold of Burke and rework him into Mifune because I can see Mifune in his sculpt already.

I also added chimp feet to my Mego scale zira. I'm going to add leggings to create a boot effect, but I haven't found the perfect fabric for that yet.

Darn it! My sculpt got too big before I realized it...but this is how he looked before I chopped off portions of his hair and the sides of his face:

I'll capture him eventually. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!

Last edited by jessica; Nov 16, '10, 2:59 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Is the head too big for a Zica body? It looks excellent.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• ironman1188
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 11, 2007

Hey Chris!
                                How goes your project? Any larger pix of that avatar photo?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎