Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Currently reworking Burke again because I hate my sculpt of him. This is how he looks now, and I'll be massaging him the next few days to get him to look as good as I can make him with my current skills. Possibly 3 years from now I can make him better. For now this will have to do.

I am also going to work on this guy, too...Labria from Star Wars.

I have not forgotten about Ashton's ninja turtle mask...and a 1:1 scale sewing project. They're all weighing down on me, but I will get them done.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

His sword was too high for me to grab for the photo, so he's holding my hair stick.

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Don't know who that Coal Man is, but the sculpt is dead on

Originally posted by jessica
        http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8108/dsc05271a.jpg

His sword was too high for me to grab for the photo, so he's holding my hair stick.
        http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7421/dsc05270g.jpg
        Oooooh, he's too cool. I've been looking forward to this one ever since you started the sculpt and made all those accessories
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

SOUNDS STUPID but YOU HAVE MADS SKILLS! I just enjoy looking at the work you do! It is such a pleasure to see your interpretations of figures and the creativity you share. GO GO GO YEAH!

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Thanks guys!

Here's my latest project, a character from Star Wars. He looks very demonic, guess just in time for Halloween. I was afraid I was going to get nightmares, but that didn't happen.

And OMG! Caesar rocks!! He's enroute and maybe I will see him later today...I could just cry. He's so gorgeous.

compare to this atrocity:
            Last edited by jessica; Oct 9, '10, 12:11 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

he's getting there.
              Last edited by jessica; Oct 10, '10, 9:39 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Man, this is a freaky sculpt
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

I may need to move the right horn a smidge...slim the nose a little...thought it was almost done but looking at it I think he still needs more massaging.

Exciting...last night I finally patched up the cracks of Ashton's ninja turtle mold. Tried Bondo but that was too stinky, so I scrapped that and went with what was familiar--Apoxie. Why didn't I think of this earlier? I also made another quick stamping tool so that I could try to hide the seam after patching it up with Apoxie. Anyway, I slushed latex this morning and I'm waiting for the first layer to dry. I'll probably make 3 or 4 layers.

I was able to make a very nice cast of Djas Puhr. Whooo!

Ashton's ninja turtle mask. Not perfect but luckily there's still time to fix it. I have to go back to the mold and add more Ultracal30 at the seam line. I tried to fix it with Apoxie but the seam line is where the latex didn't cure nicely. Oh well live and learn. I love slush latex, but I can't believe anyone would be crazy enough to wear it over their heads for longer than five minutes.

This is the chin area that I need to make sure that latex gets slushed on it the next time I pour some latex.

Tomorrow and Friday, after Dim Sum, it's all about Ashton's ninja turtle mask.

See how cool he looks? I need to invest n one of those lifesized mannequins for future masks I want to make...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                  Last edited by jessica; Oct 13, '10, 8:12 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

I was hoping not to have to sew that outfit, but I guess I will have to. First, because I think I remember the sleeves being really long, and second, seeing the texture of the weave is driving me ape. The top has more layers of plastidip than his pants, so you can see how rough it is when it's first sprayed. I know that with more layers I could get rid of it, but it will still drive me nuts. I still really love the spectacular paint job. I like this color best for chimp skin. I'm afraid to pull out my modified Zira to compare...One important thing I did learn, though! The plastidip is really great for the vinyl part of the SS chimp outfit. If I can find vinyl this thin, no matter what color, I can always spray it down with plastidip and it will still look like leather. Just for yucks I included his old photo before the makeover. Yay. My Caesar really looks like Roddy McDowall to me now. That sounded weird.

HEre are the photos I took today:

Caesar is getting a manicure today. Had to set up the timer on the camera to get this shot. I love playing with my dollies. I have noticed that apes are really fun to photograph. The brow ridges, when you take from from above, cover the eyes...so you can really photograph them and come out with great results. Sometimes when you photograph a dollie, the eyes are looking in a different direction from where you want...and the brow ridges just make photographing easier so it looks like your subject matter is really concentrating on the subject at hand.
                    Last edited by jessica; Oct 14, '10, 2:49 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

I was hoping not to have to sew that outfit, but I guess I will have to. First, because I think I remember the sleeves being really long, and second, seeing the texture of the weave is driving me ape. The top has more layers of plastidip than his pants, so you can see how rough it is when it's first sprayed. I know that with more layers I could get rid of it, but it will still drive me nuts. I still really love the spectacular paint job. I like this color best for chimp skin. I'm afraid to pull out my modified Zira to compare...One important thing I did learn, though! The plastidip is really great for the vinyl part of the SS chimp outfit. If I can find vinyl this thin, no matter what color, I can always spray it down with plastidip and it will still look like leather. Just for yucks I included his old photo before the makeover. Yay. My Caesar really looks like Roddy McDowall to me now. That sounded weird.

HEre are the photos I took today:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8223/dsc05295k.jpg http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6047/dsc05297x.jpg

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2226/dsc05300i.jpg http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9153/dsc05299a.jpg

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3932/dsc05302.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...w_caesar_1.jpg

Caesar is getting a manicure today. Had to set up the timer on the camera to get this shot. I love playing with my dollies. I have noticed that apes are really fun to photograph. The brow ridges, when you take from from above, cover the eyes...so you can really photograph them and come out with great results. Sometimes when you photograph a dollie, the eyes are looking in a different direction from where you want...and the brow ridges just make photographing easier so it looks like your subject matter is really concentrating on the subject at hand.
                      http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8070/dsc05308dq.jpg
                      Awesome pics Jess, these apes look so lifelike

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Love your mods, Jess! Superb!

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

Massaged him again, because I feel like he's still not done. I'll probably keep at him for a few days longer. I hope he casts up nicely. I am using a mixture of cured sculpey firm and something new, monster maker sulfur free clay which does not cure. I love it, but am worried at how it will cast up, so the first mold has to be perfect because the sculpt may be destroyed. The clay is a little on the soft side but I can see details in it that I couldn't with Super Sculpey...I can see all the dents and the surfaces because it's not as translucent as Super Sculpey but it feels even softer than Super Sculpey and a little firmer than Klean Klay soft. Heck I'm going to try everything to make it work. I suppose I should go ahead and try sculpting wax while I'm at it. Someday soon I hope.

Last edited by jessica; Oct 15, '10, 2:35 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• LAST SON OF KRYPTON
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 15, 2010

I'm going to try sculpting this guy in 1:6 scale. Does anybody know if he's been sculpted at 1:6 scale?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../Djas_puhr.jpg
                            I don't think he's been sculpted yet.A good character to sculpt.
                            He is Djas Puhr was a Sakiyan bounty hunter.
                            There's a lot of character there in SW Episode 4,on the " Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina" where Obi-Wan and Luke looks for a pilot and they met Han Solo and Chewie.
                            I'm here to fight for truth, and justice, and the American way.

Comment

• LAST SON OF KRYPTON
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 15, 2010

Thanks guys!

Here's my latest project, a character from Star Wars. He looks very demonic, guess just in time for Halloween. I was afraid I was going to get nightmares, but that didn't happen.
                              http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7294/dsc05267a.jpg http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1674/dsc05273j.jpg

And OMG! Caesar rocks!! He's enroute and maybe I will see him later today...I could just cry. He's so gorgeous.

compare to this atrocity:
                              http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6775/caesar010.jpg http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5554/caesar017.jpg
                              Wow,you're really getting characters from that Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina scene in SW Ep4.
                              COOOLLL!!!!
                              That devilish character's name is Kardue'sai'Malloc and he is a Devaronian army captain.
                              Can't wait to see your SW characters get done!
                              I'm here to fight for truth, and justice, and the American way.

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

Still tweaking him... I think he looks better and not so cartoony.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎