Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain_Mego
    Vet.
    • May 22, 2007

Nice work Jessica, I think it turned out great. I do the same thing sometimes start sculpting something,,yet I have no idea who it's going to be. But thats the fun of it sometimes.I tell my daughter,,lets see whats hideing in the clay. She is facinated by it. It's like shareing magic with her.
    Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Cmonster
      Banned
      • Feb 6, 2010

Wow. I have to say that idea about using the hot glue as the hair is pretty darn cool. Also, not quite sure exactly what you asking regarding the mineral spirits, Jessica, but I use TURPENOID to smooth out my sculpey pieces. You can get it at any art store. It comes in a blue and white can. Works great! I've been using it for years.

SC

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Pardon the bad makeup...he's still being worked on. Today was all about hair styling!! The goal is to make it look like his hair is flaming.

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
        Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
        1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by jessica
          The goal is to make it look like his hair is flaming.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9767/dsc02741t.jpg
          Mission accomplished
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 28, 2006

Wow Jessica that's awesome! Super work

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

I better wait for the orange glow in the dark paint to arrive before I decide where to go next with the painting...

Of course, I went to bed at 2 AM so I lost the other eyebrow--no biggie. I'll just make another. I want to paint his irises with the glow in the dark paint.

Last edited by jessica; Feb 14, '10, 3:44 PM.

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• The Kryptonite Kid
                Museum Gunslinger
                • Oct 15, 2007

Outstanding sculpt work ,and attention to detail on all of your pieces
                NO SIR, I DIDN'T SEE YOU PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS AGAIN.

My Blog MCKENZIE MCKUSTOMS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckustoms/

Flickr: CUSTOM MEGO SHOWCASE

MY GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

Wow I really like your latest piece Jess.

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Thanks guys.

I also added the orange glow powder/paint. Actually I didn't want to mix the liquid I ordered with the glow powder because I didn't need that much...the liquid smelled a lot like nail polish. Anyway, I had to sacrifice the clarity of the paint in order to add the orange highlights. Kinda disappointed. The glow company said that the glow is orange but to me it looks green. I don't know if it's because I was staring at the light while I was charging up the paint. Anyway, by the time I took a photo, I was half blind...

I have to clean up where I messed up the edge of the glow paint. It was quite thick--I dotted it on with a toothpick. And, because it's a powder, really, it's not glossy...so there again I had to sacrifice the gloss of the eyes to make sure that the irises had as much glow as I could put on them. It looks super neat in person, but looks kinda crappy in the photo. Also, the information about the glow powder said that UV protected paints could alter the way the particles were able to fully charge with the light so the irises are not glossy at all. It's pretty much pure glow paint/powder.
                    Last edited by jessica; Feb 21, '10, 4:37 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• Kal-El
                      Kirby is King
                      • May 6, 2008

Wow that is unbelievable . Your sculpting is unbelievable! Great work
                      sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

That glow in the dark pic is awesome
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 28, 2006

Whoa! That is very impressive! Really great work with the glue!

Comment

• wyldpny
                            Star Trek Mego Customizer
                            • Jan 29, 2008

Now that is very cool!
                            Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
                            Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
                            Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

Been busy working on Burke again. I am finally happy this time. I can't wait to see him painted.

I basically resculpted his face on top of a bad cast...took a mold of just the face so that I could resculpt his hair because it's so difficult to cut the plastic off. Tried to smooth everything out...this is how he looked before I took a mold. It was good and bad in a way...bad because I couldn't bake the sculpey to cure it, good because it was a faster way to do it. It's so daunting to start something from scratch...guess it's a psychological thing.
                              Last edited by jessica; Mar 6, '10, 8:54 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Looks like you got the likeness pretty well.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎