Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

OMG. I am loving where this project is headed!! It's so exciting to see an idea materialize. Too bad it's not an ape, but Link still is very cool.

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• GlobalObserver
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 12, 2004

I wish I had a fraction of your talent.

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Tadah!! My first ever Mego-sized sculpt. I thought I would never get here, so everything has been 1:6 scale, but I guess it's just mind over matter...and talking to Sharry this weekend made me do it. It's all your fault Sharry!!

Background chimp begins:

Next to Dr. Zaius for sizing purposes:

OK...he's not perfect, but that gives him character:
        Last edited by jessica; Sep 21, '09, 1:48 AM.

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• supes
          For the love of Mego's!
          • Jan 19, 2004

Wow!!! He looks AWESOME!!!!

Link is looking pretty sweet also!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Fantablous, Jess! I knew you could do it! I think he look like Lucius!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I know I'm repeating myself, but "impressive!!!!"

Please say you'll cast of few heads so we can all get a welcome addition to our family of apes....
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• supes
                For the love of Mego's!
                • Jan 19, 2004

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                I know I'm repeating myself, but "impressive!!!!"

Please say you'll cast of few heads so we can all get a welcome addition to our family of apes....

Yes, please do!! We all need some more apes to add to the line up!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

I will cast the mego-sized ones I make...just give me some time to get my act together. Plus someday I'll get to shrinking the 1:6 scale apes I have already made but that is in the future...hopefully before 3978!!

I forgot to add the straight edge on top of the shield. I'll just reconstruct it with clay before baking.

Last edited by jessica; Sep 22, '09, 10:23 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Great work and you can definitely count me in on a head cast purchase!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by jessica
                      I will cast the mego-sized ones I make...just give me some time to get my act together. Plus someday I'll get to shrinking the 1:6 scale apes I have already made but that is in the future...hopefully before 3978!!
                      Fantastic!
                      More apes!!!!
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

I have to get my stadium scene (Mego scale)...accomplished sometime in my life! I need about 15 male chimps, 10 female chimps...and 30 gorillas...25 orangutans...It's going to be a monster of a project, but it keeps me out of trouble plus I get to practice sculpting! Once I get all the sculpts created, I need to outfit the apes...and then build the stadium.

Here is chimp #2. He's supposed to be Cornelius, but he doesn't really look like him, so he can become another background chimp. Anyway, 8 more male chimps to go...and tons more other apes to be able to recreate the scene. I started him last night and finished him off when I got home from the slavemines. I may change his chin a little before baking. So cool to just sculpt in this scale so I don't have to worry about shrinking it down. I feel like my stadium scene is closer to reality. I look at the ape sculpts congregating on my window sill that are 1:6 scale and it feels like I can never get anywhere.

Hopefully I can spring up enough cash to buy all the bodies. If not, I'll just have to make my own and make this mongo project harder still. I'll see and cross that bridge when I get there.

Last edited by jessica; Sep 22, '09, 10:47 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

That one kinda reminds me of John Hoyt's character in the TV series. (the prefect that let the humans compete in those games).
                          Last edited by HardyGirl; Sep 23, '09, 10:30 AM.
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

Hat is not complete yet...still needs the embroidery but I did stick a wire in there.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

Look what somebody posted! It's my Link photoshopped to their clothes. Purty cool, huh? It's neat to see that someday my work can be on somebody else's dolly.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

I bought a 1:6 Viking sword and sheath, to see if I could augment with Apoxie, but it looks so "off" so I decided to cut my own sword out of balsa.

Here are the beginnings of the sword handle. I'm going to wrap the handle with very thin leather, which is why it's goofy looking now.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎