• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by yokaijohn
    Now she's perfect!!!!!
    Almost, but not yet. I still have to augment Apoxie to her side beard/hairs because the rotocast is not as defined as the hair I sculpted and then paint that.

Last edited by jessica; Feb 22, '09, 6:52 PM.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

My Sideshow Zira is now done!! Yay!! She is beautiful, no matter which way she is looking...

And...my costume is done! Another Yay!!
      Last edited by jessica; Feb 22, '09, 6:57 PM.

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• yokaijohn
        Keep it coolin', baby
        • Oct 1, 2008

Now She Really Is Perfect!!!!!!!!!
        Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Carsia: I took her hair down a bit, which made her more effeminate, shaved off some of her brow ridges underneath to round them out a bit and gave her sleepy eyes. Her cast looks a bit rough, but I know she will paint up spectaculary.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

I am also tweaking Galen. I think his muzzle was too wide, so I shaved it down and resculpted...but seeing it again, his nose is now crooked. I will have to fix this as time permits. He looks a little wonky, I think it's because of the fish eye effect of the camera being so close. He doesn't look that bad in person.

Before:

Now:

To do list:

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
              w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
              • Sep 17, 2008

Galen is looking great! It really is looking much more like him now... Carsia is looking really wonderful too. I'm soooo looking forward to seeing these guys finished up and painted.
              MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

I am slowly making molds as I earn enough money to purchase the materials. It is so wonderful and exciting to see the cast in one color. Here are three of my successful casts so far. Once I have accomplished successful casts from the molds I make, I can start the shrinking process and see how that goes. But...I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I have a lot of ape sculpts to make molds of...Nothing feels as satisfying as working on my apes.

background gorilla:

Dr. Milo:

Virgil:
                Last edited by jessica; Feb 27, '09, 5:37 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• piecemaker
                  There's no need to fear..
                  • Jan 26, 2009

Awesome,awesome And Awesome!

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

My camera is horrible and getting worse. This is the best I could do as far as shots. My Carsia is still a WIP. I think I will go in and fill in some of those major lines on her brow ridges to soften them up. She'll look better then.

Just some random shots of my other sculpts.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Never seen so many custom ape sculpts, those are fantastic
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

Thomas, I have about 18 of them lined up on my window sill. I haven't sculpted in awhile and I would love to get back to it. I'm going to paint four of the ones I have casts of, and see how they paint up, and get some practice in painting that way.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

I smoothed out her brow ridges and added more paint. I think I need to make her a couple of shades darker. Her pupils came out beautifully. I wish I could take a closeup of them.
                          Before and now:
                          Last edited by jessica; Mar 13, '09, 2:08 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 20, 2008

Jessica,
                            What do you use to sculpt with? I have a custom that I want to do (without have to cast and make molds or bake the stuff to cure it which would obviously melt the plastic, etc).

Sean

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 9, 2008

Wow those are coming together greatly.
                              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

I sculpted with Sculpey on top of a 1:6 vinyl head. I baked it in the oven to cure at 260 degrees for 20 minutes. The vinyl survived.

If you don't want to bake, you can always use Apoxie, which is a two-part resin, and air cures. You have to mix in equal parts the two ingredients. You have 2-3 hours to work with it...and I let it sit for 30 minutes or so before I really work with it. If you let it semi-cure, it's less messy.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎