Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me with parts for Retro GI Joe Characters?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Can anyone help me with parts for Retro GI Joe Characters?

Can anyone help me figure out the best heads for Cartoon versions of:

Duke
    Gung Ho
    Roadblock
    Flint
    Lt Falcon

I think I will use rerooted Retro Action WW for the female characters.
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

Falcon I'd go with a Playing Mantis Action Jackson head.

A shame CTVT won't restock the Race Banon figure, cus his head would be perfect for Duke.

Maybe Superfriends Superman or Aquaman heads might work? Specially for Duke and Flint...as they look similar.
    Last edited by KingKickass1983; Oct 10, '23, 5:36 PM.
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

If you are planning to use Mego you could use the Charmed Prue as the Baroness. If you really want to re root then the Endora could be cool.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Depends on if you are going to re-sculpt the hair on the males:

Duke: Re-sculpt- Superman No re-sculpt- probably a blond Bruce Wayne head

Gung Ho - Scotty looks great as GH, but it requires a lot of re-sculpting the head bald and painting it. Best existing fit would be to chop the head off a Mattel Real Men Boxer, but a Mattel Retro Heroes Lex Luthor is probably next best.

Roadblock: Limited in the heads available when I made my Joes, so I re-did a Superman head. Nowadays, Sisko has a goatee rather than just a mustache, but he's the only bald brown head I know of. Otherwise, a painted boxer or Lex.

Flint: Mr. Fantastic works great, but he's expensive these days.

Falcon: Classic Jim Kirk has the nice cocky grin that would fit, or the modern Kirk headsculpt would work well, too.

And someone mentioned Baroness: If you are re-rooting, I'd suggest the Classic TV Toys red headed Invisible Girl head from their Mary Marvel. Best paint job ever done on that head, and she would work great for Baroness.

mego duke.jpgmego gung ho.jpgmego roadblock.jpgmego flint.jpgmego baroness.jpg

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎