Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Custom Figure You've Made is the Most Obscure/Deepest Cut?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

What Custom Figure You've Made is the Most Obscure/Deepest Cut?

Just wondering how deep a dive some folks have taken. I have a thing for obscure characters myself (as folks have likely noticed), but I figure every character is someone's favorite. I definitely think my deepest cut is Bolt from the original run of Swamp Thing. He was in only about 5 or 6 issues, and even I had forgotten about him until I went looking for visual reference for Matt Cable and Abby Arcane from that same series.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Probably Megaman from the Nova comic.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Aug 9, '23, 6:53 PM.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2019

Mine would be Dylan Dog. HUGE in Italy and the rest of Europe...not so much in the US.

Dylan-Dog_01.jpg 114088-3-632f65f80ff14.jpg
      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

A Man Called Sloane

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

When my kids were little, they were huge fans of this obscure little cartoon...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

That's marvelous, they look so happy. The carry-case & bugs are the perfect crowning touches.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Human looking Dr. Richard Malcom from "The Night Strangler".
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010

That Sloane and Torque are fantastic! Great choice of head sculpt for Robert Conrad too.

Comment

• blastphemey
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                  When my kids were little, they were huge fans of this obscure little cartoon...

This is the coolest thing. Such an authentic experience you've given them, love it. That's the feeling we are all looking for deep down I feel.

Comment

• bobws
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 13, 2008

I was watching the dvds of TALES OF THE GOLD MONKEY from the 80's it was made to cash in on INDIANA JONES AT THE TIME. anyways i realized i would only need 6 customs. one character was played by Roddy McDowell. so afterward i found FTC'S BOOKWORM from the Batman 66" line. i bought him loose then bought a A scaroth from DOCTOR WHO LINE put scaroth's white suit on bookworm and i have Bon Chance Louie from TALES. now i just need to do the other 5.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• bobws
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 13, 2008

I was watching the dvds of TALES OF THE GOLD MONKEY from the 80's it was made to cash in on INDIANA JONES AT THE TIME. anyways i realized i would only need 6 customs. one character was played by Roddy McDowell. so afterward i found FTC'S BOOKWORM from the Batman 66" line. i bought him loose then bought a A scaroth from DOCTOR WHO LINE put scaroth's white suit on bookworm and i have Bon Chance Louie from TALES. now i just need to do the other 5.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎