The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used Amazing Clear Cast Resin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

Has anyone used Amazing Clear Cast Resin?

I normally use Easy Cast "low odor" epoxy resin. However (and as usual) Micheal's was out of it. I saw another resin from Alumilite (I use their rubber mold making compound), but I was curious about the resin "Amazing Clear Cast". I cannot find any info as to what type of resin it is. I can use easycast expoy in my house with no issues, I was not sure however if I could do the same with this one or if it is a more potent Polyester type which I would not use indoors at all.

The box is pictured below (if you are logged in)
    Attached Files
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

If this is the one I think it is, the amount of time it takes to demold is kind of tedious.

I sometime use Alumilite product, but for my purposes, a quicker pot-life and demold time is preferable. 3 min/10 min on average on the ones that I use, and it comes in black, white and clear.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

In high humidity it stays tacky, even mentions that on the label. For some stupid reason they sell it in Florida.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

I'm not a big fan of the resins sold in the craft stores. I've never tried that specific one. I try to stick with Smooth On products, but I'd like to get a sample pack from Alumilite sometime.
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

Thank you for the info.
          I ended up returning it to Micheal's and drove the 30 mins to Hobby Lobby to get my usual Easycast. For my current project I need the resin to fill up a plastic container (fake water but I actually need the "water" rather than just a surface) and at least I know how Easycast works and behaves (no demolding required for this project)
          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎