X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Getting that MEGO look with clear-coat

I have a question for the pro painters out there and hopefully someone will have some good tips.

I am painting up a few resin heads, and the paint I'm using is drying pretty flat which is fine by me as I don't want them really glossy anyway... However, right now, the clear-coat I have is also flat.

My dilemma is this: When I'm done painting the heads, I do not want them to look completely flat, I'd like a bit of that MEGO "sheen" that some of the figures have. I know that if I use the flat clear-coat I have now, they will just be that way, but I am thinking they would look too glossy if I use a gloss clear-coat. The question then is how do some of you accomplish that more MEGOesque look with your resin heads? Do you flat coat it and then gloss coat it? Gloss coat and then flat coat? Some other techniques or protective coating?

Any and all tips will be appreciated...

Thanks!
  • Edgaar
    Museum Patron
    • Dec 7, 2007

I also like using a Satin finish - I prefer brushing over spray, helps me to control the amount of finish on the head
    Edgaar
    Delaware (no really... Delaware)

* Not sure where I'm going - but I'm pretty sure where I've been....
    * not mego - but my customs - http://www.toymania.com/custom/Galle...ar/edgaar1.htm

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎