Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie questions I cant find an answer too...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tylerh
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 14, 2011

Rookie questions I cant find an answer too...

Hi All

I have a few questions that are probably totally rookie, but I am having a hard time finding a answer for a few - - -

I have just finished my first head for a custom Mego (Its THE THING in the Works in progress thread)

I am going to 3D print it out - But I want it to articulate rotationally at the neck - Like the production megos do - -

How do people do that? SInce itll be resin, do I need a special body that I can "open" so i can line up the guides so this works??? How are custom heads normally attached???

Also, I would like to have his "space suit" custom made - Is there a board member or a website that is a reputable place to get this stuff done?

Also - Any info I might "not know I need yet" would be helpful too if Im going in a wrong direction!

Tyler
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I don't know how the other folks handle this. Maybe heating the body with a hair dryer and then slowly twisting the neck into the body. BUT, The new figures from Castaway 2.0 (available soon) will have screws to take apart the body so you can put the head in that way. Doc Mego' bodies as seen in the marketplace (right now!) for $5.00!!! each and have screws holding the torso together as well so that solves the problem of getting a resin neck in. On Doc Mego' website...

head down to Swivel arm buff body

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

If its a resin Mego style neckplug, I just dremel out the neck hole a little bit and push it in.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>I just dremel out the neck hole a little bit and push it in.

That works. Sometimes you can make a notch on the plug and sorta screw it in. Does the 3D printer use polyurethane resin, or is it an ABS? 'Cos if it's ABS you're gonna have a few tricky bits getting it to fit.

You can also mold the bottom of the neck round, and screw in an eyebolt. Attach it with an elastic from the 'bolt to the hip bar.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎