X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZMOQ
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 1, 2010

Ideas on "Visery's Golden Crown"

I've just recently picked up "Game of Thrones" Season 1 on Netflix. Now I can REALLY appreciate Sprytel's work on MEGO customs of the "Game of Thrones" characters. They are amazing work, and look like a lot more fun than the commercially-available statues and bobbleheads. The Littlefinger, Jon Snow and Varys figures in particular have a fantastic resemblance to the actors.

As I was walking home from Walgreens, I came up with some crazy ideas on how "Viserys' Golden Crown" can be done in MEGO scale.

The pot can be made of the plastic capsules that knee-high nylons come in at Walgreens. Drill or melt (with a hot icepick) some holes in the side of the capsule. Use plastic sprue for the handles. Paint it black. Use a Big Jim campfire and place it under the pot.

The golden belt can probably be made from coin-shaped charms or the coins sewed onto decorative trim available in bead stores or fabric stores.

To imitate the look of "melted gold", use Sculpey to make a die from the coin-shaped charms. Then make coin blanks from gold Sculpey and put it between the dies and hit it with a plastic hammer. (We used to make coins out of Scupley, and the dies too, when we were kids). Smoosh some of these together to look like half-melted gold in the pot.

For Viserys, it looks like Classic TV Toys has a male "alien" with long white rooted hair. Remove the makeup and the head should look a lot like Viserys. Actually, buy 2 of the heads. Head #2 will be fun.

Make a golden helmet by blobbing on gold Sculpey. Then put it on Viserys' head #2 and then re-create one of the most memorable scenes from Season 1.

Put the intact Viserys #1 on his knees while Khal Drogo holds the pot over his head.

Then put Viserys head #2 on with the golden crown, and flop the body on its side.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Viserys is not real high on my todo list... but I admit, that sounds pretty bada**!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎