X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Random Axe
    Dwayne, you're making me feel like a criminal with all this custom stuff. The only thing I've ever shipped overseas, and I used to do quite a bit of it, was CD's. I did a bunch of music swapping many years ago and have shipped to many, many countries. Each time I marked it as gift. Once I heard of a possible customs issue that never really manifested, I started inserting a notecard into the bubble mailer saying happy birthday to "sell" the gift ruse. I used to review for a few websites so I also got a bunch of promos/demos/CD's from worldwide and never had a problem at all.

I never sold anything, just traded so I don't feel too awfully bad.
    Sorry, LOL...not trying to bust anybody's chops...just pointing out there are two sides to the customs issue. I totally understand it sucks having to pay more for something just because you live in another country. Admittedly, the stuff we sell is more expensive, usually hundreds or thousands of dollars for a single vintage poster. We've run into trouble specifically with Canada a LOT lately. I'm sure part of it is the world economy. Countries are now more actively trying to collect import duties they know they've been missing out on, so they're really scrutinizing packages. In the past month alone we've had two packages returned to us that customs wouldn't allow through because of some minor questionable detail in the paperwork.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CAZAFANTASMA
      checking on the receipt from canada post and the bill from them , I realized that indeed is not their fault, it was my fault for not telling them to send it as gift and on a lower value which he has done before. So I guess for next time i will have to specify that.
      Or maybe they stopped doing that lately as they are a expanding company and don't need to get into trouble with the customs people as discussed by Dwayne.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2, 2013

That would be really unfortunate for international buyers, specially for Canadians.
        My EPIC FOR SALE threat ! http://megomuseum.com/community/show...oys-Real-nice!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎