X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
    Is he still producing figures? Seems like he stopped 10 years ago or so.
    no, but his name is still out there as one of the alleged greats. Instead of having a sparkling legacy all he has left is a bunch of short changed customers and partners.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• rob_moz
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 7, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      no, but his name is still out there as one of the alleged greats. Instead of having a sparkling legacy all he has left is a bunch of short changed customers and partners.
      I do agree that Charlee has stepped on alot of people and is image will never be that of a saint in the customizing world and rightfully so. I will say his body of work is Amazing!!! Even if you don't like his sculpts or his style you have to admit that he changed the game for everybody with is innovations that are still used to this day!!! I loosely compare him to Pete Rose, One of the best maybe ever to play baseball but his actions have left his legacy in question, But he's still one of the best to ever play baseball.

Comment

• rob_moz
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 7, 2011

Look i've been coming at this all wrong. I know Megozilla's situation 1st hand. My brother collected Flatt's and had a pretty awesome collection, he sold everything right before the collapse (my brother was Mad Mozz, he knew Megozilla personally and says Hi). I have talked to alot of people who where left high and dry by Charlee's actions, he left a sour taste in alot of people's mouth who where big time collectors and have since stopped collecting.

I think Megozilla has a unique chance to satisfy alot of collectors that where left with nothing to have some sense of closure in this issue. Lets be serious here, Megozilla is going to sell the stuff he has and whoever buys it, is going to put it on a shelve and just admire it. Really??? What is stopping them from recasting it?. There is a chance for the talent that is in this site to make a Flatt "like" custom to give said collector's and others a chance to have them again and lead them back to see the Amazing work the customizer's here are doing today.

Just to be clear, I do have 3 Flatt's. A Batman, Joker, and Riddler. I don't have the money invested in them like alot of people do because I picked them up here or there on the cheap or in trades. I think this is more about protecting the image of one of the Biggest names to be in the customizing Ever!!! I know he bought me to the table and Im sure he has some kind of influence on alot of customizer's here today, weather you like his work or not!!! Im sure alot of the topics that I bought up will be looked at like this is for selfish reasons, but it's really about the customizers, customers, and Fans of this Posable Art protecting what is there's from any Tom, Dick, or Harry buying his way into the community that has been built by your hard work and ideas!!!

Comment

• Captain_Mego
          Vet.
          • May 22, 2007

I have to say I am a long time fan of charlees work. He is one of the reasons I make custom figures. He is also the reason that from the word go I was willing to think out side the box and buck the norm. Not that it matters just my reasons right or wrong. I may not be a fan of the man but always been a fan of his work. I see Mikes position and feel he has no reason to feel badly for recouping his money. It is a hard thing to watch as a artist and fan. All in all Charlee still brings fire and passion to the table.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎