X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Broken wrist pins in forearms

What is the best way of removing a broken wrist pin in an otherwise good forearm?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

If there is enough sticking out to grip with needle nose pliers,you can dip the forearm in very hot water for 30 seconds or so,then grabbing with needle nose you should be able to pop it out.If there is nothing to grip,you can drill it out using a slightly smaller drill bit than the pin and pick the piece/pieces out.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I will need to drill.

Thanks!
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

Deleted
        Last edited by BATMAN89; Apr 7, '13, 10:24 PM.
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Hmm. I have an awl somewhere, not sure where.

Comment

• piecemaker
            • Jan 26, 2009

Yeah an awl or wire are great for removing/pushing the "pivot" pins out in the wrist/elbow. I was understanding that the "barrell" piece that goes into the forearm was the problem with the barrell part being broke off so you cant grip it.I dont think an awl will work for that part.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Hmm, not having much luck. I need a pair of handless forearms for a custom.

Comment

• piecemaker
                • Jan 26, 2009

PM your address,i'll send ya a couple.

Comment

• piecemaker
                  • Jan 26, 2009

You need these with or without the "barrell" part of the joint in the forearm?
                  [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-vVtL49p/0/L/i-vVtL49p-L.jpg[/img]

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Without.

I need Everything from the elbow to the wrist, nothing past it.

Comment

• piecemaker
                      • Jan 26, 2009

Ok thanks,glad i asked.I would have sent them just like that.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Very kind of you. But yeah, just like that is the problem I face....I am having zero luck removing those disc pins without breaking them, and due to an injury I am permanently incapable of removing the broken pegs.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

Deleted
                          Last edited by BATMAN89; Apr 7, '13, 10:25 PM.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• piecemaker
                            • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
                            Very kind of you. But yeah, just like that is the problem I face....I am having zero luck removing those disc pins without breaking them, and due to an injury I am permanently incapable of removing the broken pegs.
                            Yeah if they are broke they are a pain to remove.I'll have them in the mail tomorrow for you,but for future reference,here is what i used and how to remove unbroken 'disc' pins the easy way. First heat a small bowl of water to boiling.Put the forearm in the bowl of water and let sit for about 30-40 seconds.Insert a tool/awl something like shown in pic in the disc pin,hold the forearm and pull.It will pop right out pretty easily.
                            [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-55ZMDvB/0/M/i-55ZMDvB-M.jpg[/img]
                            [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-nkc2D7s/0/M/i-nkc2D7s-M.jpg[/img]

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

Cool. I have very little leveraging strength in my left forearm, so I can't pull much with it. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎