X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Lone Ranger and Tonto

Inspired to make a Lone Ranger and Tonto in the 1/9th scale. I've got a lot of ideas on what CTVT parts/costumes I want to use, but LR's head, mask, and hat, I'm not too sure about. Any suggestions?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

CTVT has a mask, I thought a white hat, too.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

just get a Buffalo Bill repro and you are there for Tonto's clothes and a Ranger Hat
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Looking forward to seeing these. I was just thinking about how to do them myself.

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

I like the EMCE pike head for the lone ranger.
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by fallensaviour
            I like the EMCE pike head for the lone ranger.
            Which hat fits Pike's head?

Thanks T-Bolt.
            My current considerations for CTVT head and hat:
            Black rubber mask.
            Buffalo Bill hat or White western cap?
            Bruce, Clark or Peter head?
            My concern is, which of these heads, do the mask and hat look best on?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Probably the Shazam/Peter head. I'd go with the darker eyes of Shazam.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Here's what I did - Scotty head, recut Doc Mego mask, I forget where I got the hat. LR really needed some laces added to his shirt. Tonto is a mix of AJ and AHI stuff.

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

Love the Lone Ranger-Star track X-over.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 3, 2007

I'm still piecing my Lone Ranger together. The consensus here is to go with a Scotty head. He looks the most like C. Moore when masked. This is whats holding me up. NO Scotty head to spare. I have the outfit mostly gathered and have two choices of hats. One is from Dave Lee and the other was suggested by HotFoot. It's a White felt craft hat found at Pat Catan's.
                    For the most part my Tonto outfit is from CTVT pictured above. But I chose to transplant a Bravestarr head just to be different. Maybe soon the choice will be a Johnny Depp head???
                    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I dunno why CTVT doesn't go for this liscense, seems like they could mostly do it just with the catalog of stuff they already have.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I'd use a Boss Hogg hat.

I've seen a Clark head used for LR, but I think Scott's idea of using Scotty is better.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          I dunno why CTVT doesn't go for this liscense, seems like they could mostly do it just with the catalog of stuff they already have.
                          I'm looking to use DrMego/CTVT parts for these customs. While the ST Scotty head sounds great, it's not important to me that they look like C. Moore & J. Silverheels. For Tonto, I'm considering a "Cochise" head.
                          While very interested in info and pics of DrMego/CTVT parts, I don't want to limit this thread. All parts and pieces are considered most helpful.
                          Still, making them from DrMego/CTVT pieces, would open doors for customizers who don't sculpt, paint or use hard to find vintage/original parts. Can't wait to use those killer window boxes The Toyroom's got!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                            Which hat fits Pike's head?
                            I used a cast-away white cowboy hat.Made my own holsters but the ctvt double rig is pretty nice.Docmego also has a white cowboy hat that is identical to what I used for $3.
                            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                              House of a thousand Megos
                              • Aug 10, 2009

Doc Mego sells the Super Joe head which is the same head Gabriel used for Lone Ranger it's on his website and its what I used, also Mr C's shirt from Happy Days CTVT black western boots David Lee used to have the LR starter set that's what I used.
                              Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎