Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

#4)You will need to cut the 'feet' out of the bodysuit,but dont do this until AFTER you put the leg armour on.

#5)You can put a stitch or two in the end of the sleeves to hold them from sliding up when you put the arm armour pieces on.

#6)I used small pieces of velcro to hold the shoulder armour in place.

Comment

• ubermanx
      Career Member
      • Jul 3, 2013

I'd be interested in obtaining a kit from you as well if you still have some.

Comment

• piecemaker
        • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by ubermanx
        I'd be interested in obtaining a kit from you as well if you still have some.
        Ok, i can put you on the waiting list.I really dont have in stock kits.I make a few,ship those then start over making more.These are time consuming and i have quite a few people that are wanting these,but i will get to you eventually.

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

I can't wait! I'm having little luck with my Stormtroopers. If you wind selling the ideas put me down.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 22, 2012

Also interested in a kit. No rush though. Whenever...
            Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• piecemaker
              • Jan 26, 2009

^^^ You are already on the list as well as Cosmicman.One should be arriving at his new home tomorrow and i have two kits in a holding pattern, waiting to hear back from ScottA and Chris. Heard back from Chris and his will be going out Monday.

After those two,it will be a few weeks before anymore go out.I have to regroup,restock and reeverything else.I also have another customizing project that i need to be finishing up.
              Last edited by piecemaker; Sep 8, '13, 6:38 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 22, 2012

Cool. Sorry if I double dipped. Couldn't remember if I had asked or not. Thanks for getting me on the list though. :-)
                Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by piecemaker
                  ^^^ You are already on the list as well as Cosmicman.One should be arriving at his new home tomorrow and i have two kits in a holding pattern, waiting to hear back from ScottA and Chris. Heard back from Chris and his will be going out Monday.

After those two,it will be a few weeks before anymore go out.I have to regroup,restock and reeverything else.I also have another customizing project that i need to be finishing up.
                  Thank you for helping make my childhood dream finally come to fruition.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• boss
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 18, 2003

I got my kit yesterday. Holy Cow! This is awesome. Great work.
                    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• THE FALCON
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 2, 2011

How much are the kits?

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

My kit arrived and looks fantastic!!!!
                        Is that resin or hard plastic? The only reason I ask is if we can get a hard plastic copy of the BBP Cylon head I can get a guy to chrome it.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• piecemaker
                          • Jan 26, 2009

Thanks Boss and Chris,i'm glad you guys like them!

Chris,the pieces are resin.

@ The Falcon,i did discuss pricing on post 44.But this is a big thread and i'm sure some people missed it and things changed once i got going on these.As i said in post 44 the kits were going to be around 40.00 plus shipping,PP fees. for the "Do everything yourself kit".

A few members had some doubts about being able to do some aspects of this kit.It was mainly the drilling of certain parts and the body mod parts.
                          As things progressed i decided it would be best to just eliminate the harder steps for this kit and predrill/preassemble those parts.

On this first "wave" out i did alot of the work on these "40.00 Do everything yourself kits" and didn't charge anything extra for doing that.

When i get going on these again in a few weeks,you can still buy the Do everything yourself kit for 40.00 if thats what you want or if you want the arm/leg mods predrilled/preassembled,side shields/holster and lower torso armour pieces predrilled then thats going to be 50.00 plus shipping,PP fees.

Also if you go with the Predrilled/Preassembled kit and you want me to put the 'new' arms and legs on the Zica body.You will have to send me your Zica body and i'll put them on for no extra charge.
                          Last edited by piecemaker; Sep 11, '13, 7:19 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

If you have a dremel you are all set. I still can't believe that piecemaker made this a reality. He's doing the Lord's work.

piecemaker, did you sculpt those pieces? The casting work if first class too.

Comment

• piecemaker
                              • Jan 26, 2009

Some info on how this was made is here in the original Finished Customs thread:http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-Stormtrooper!

And some more here:http://megomuseum.com/community/show...eek-12-10-2012

That was Version 1 which was used as the prototype and fine tuned for Version 2.

Thanks to everybody again for all the nice compliments on this custom.

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

That was YOU!!!! I knew I read someone was using pieces from here and there. When I put your kit pieces up against the Hasbrow 12" figure I came up with the idea that you had sculpted the parts. I'm even more impressed than before. Amazing.

Someone needs to take this figure to Hasbro and throw it at their heads. I'd do it but they already have a restraining order for when I threw a custom Boba Fett at their head.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎