X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

quick milliput question

How long do I have before it starts to harden? Can I leave this stuff out for like an hour and still sculpt with it (heard something about the tackiness disappearing if you leave it for a while)?
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>Can I leave this stuff out for like an hour and still sculpt with it

Probably not. I don't use milliput; but I use a few other similar products and after an hour they've definitely started going rigid. While sculpting, kneading the stuff you're not using helps, as does a bit of water. (Dab on your fingers.... it keeps the stuff from sticking too.)

As an aside, I really like the Tamiya quick setting epoxy putty. It's soft and molds easy. (AND it's a lot easier to find where I live....) The regular Tamiya stuff is good toom but it's thicker and harder to work with.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I use magicsculpt and it begins to get unworkable in about an hour, so I just do small batches.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

I don't know anything about Milliput. I use Magic-Sculpt. I've learned a lot about Magic-Sculpt.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎