X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LittleBuddiesActionFigure
    • Jun 25, 2011

Hello! My first post- where to put it??

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to introduce myself, but here I go anyway! I'm new to posting, but I have been looking around for some time. There's so much great information and talented people here. I've been sculpting custom action figures for a few years now, but I still have a lot I'd like to learn. One of my goals is learning about making molds and casting. All of my work so far has been one of a kind pieces, which I really enjoy doing. However, I'd like to take more time on some special projects and make molds of my work with the idea of eventually being able to offer these to other members. Something I'm currently working on in my spare time is a sculpt of Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in The Game of Thrones. I'd like to make all of the actors in that series eventually. I'm also a seamstress and sew all my action figures' outfits. I really like making unique accessories and dioramas too.

Ahh, another thing I'd really like to learn is how to make 1:9 custom shoes. I have some methods, but I bet someone else knows a better technique than I. I'll be posting about that soon.

Anyway, I look forward to being a more active member here! Thanks,

Dawn
    make your friends into the action heroes they know they are....

http://www.LittleBuddiesActionFigures.com
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Hi Dawn,
    Welcome to the custom boards of the Mego Museum. My name is Dino. I enjoy (as well as many others here) sculpting and making my own Mego dolls. I hope you find the Mego Museum as fun and helpful as I have.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

Hi there, welcome aboard.I love the way you made the Batman belt! Looks like you do great work.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

hello and welcome
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Megospidey
          Museum Webslinger
          • Jul 26, 2006

Hey Dawn,

Welcome aboard! Always good to have a new customizer who has fresh ideas and techniques to share.

I'm sure you will learn a lot from the great people here, and we will learn much from you.

It is a great customizing community to be sure.

Derek

Comment

• piecemaker
            There's no need to fear..
            • Jan 26, 2009

Welcome Dawn,the sculpting examples you have in your post are very impressive. I love your Johnny Quest/Bandit and Taylor.Looking forward to seeing more.

Comment

• jimsmegos
              Mego Dork
              • Nov 9, 2008

All hail the Maker! Hey Dawn, glad you decided to come play! For those who didn't know Dawn is the talent behin Little Buddy me over at the Toy Box. I can't say for certain I'm her biggest fan but at 6 foot and 240 pounds I'd sau I'm in the top ten

Seriously Dawn does amazing work! Check out this most recent write up and you can clearly see that while she started out FANTASTIC her skills are continuing to go through the roof! http://jimstoybox.com/2012/07/08/daw...ting-gigantic/

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

welcome, I wanna see more of Jonny!!
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• vulcan2074
                  Live Long and Prosper
                  • Mar 23, 2008

Hi Dawn.
                  Those are some really good looking customs. Welcome to The Museum.
                  Sammy

Comment

• MegoMark71
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 18, 2008

Welcome to the museum.

Comment

• LittleBuddiesActionFigure
                      • Jun 25, 2011

Thank you everyone! I feel very welcome now.

Wayne, thanks, the Batman was super fun to make. It was for someone's brother, a big Batman fan, for his birthday.

Piecemaker and Thunderbolt, thanks! I'll post more Jonny pics soon. I also have some pics on my website, as well as the rest of the Jonny Quest gang.

Jim, you always make me blush! Thanks for the welcome.

-Dawn
                      make your friends into the action heroes they know they are....

http://www.LittleBuddiesActionFigures.com

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

the JQ figures are really cool.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Captain Awesome
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2012

Welcome! I'm fairly new here myself, but not to the hobby, and I gotta tell ya, there's a lotta good friendly people here. This is a fun place and there's a lot of good helpful information. Fantastic custom work being done too! The customizers here will keep you on your toes!
                          Have fun and enjoy!!!
                          Courage is being scared to death but saddlin' up anyway. - John Wayne

Comment

• piecemaker
                            There's no need to fear..
                            • Jan 26, 2009

I just checked out your website. The Jonny Quest gang is awesome! I enjoyed looking at all your customs there.The attention to detail in the clothing and accessories is also really outstanding!

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Hi, Dawn. Welcome to the Museum. Your work looks great!

I myself have gone a little nutty on Game of Throne customs, so I am definitely excited to see what you come up with for Dinklage as Tyrion.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎