Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Emgee
    • May 5, 2009

The beatles ada chann strikes again!!

Just a 'heads up' to anyone thinking of buying the newly advertised on eBay Beatle heads in Mego size. I ordered a set almost two months back when I had one of her emails. They finally arrived today and after a number of emails when I asked her about the sizing, given her poor reputation with 8 Inch Mego heads, they are indeed still ridiculously small. Not even any good for a Lion Rock body. I can't understand how she gets these so wrong. Her 12 Inch style heads are bang on for all the ones I've bought over the years but wherever she gets her scale from on this I will never know. A month back I even offered to send her an old AJ head to use as a guide but she ignored me. I learnt my lesson with her but be aware guys.
    Last edited by Emgee; Aug 1, '12, 3:12 PM.
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

It's a great head...for a child's body. Yeah, that's a big miss

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Maybe someone here can upsize them.

Comment

• Captain Awesome
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2012

Didn't someone upsize the Johnny Weismueller Tarzan head for sombody else here? I seem to remember reading a thread about that...
        Courage is being scared to death but saddlin' up anyway. - John Wayne

Comment

• Emgee
          • May 5, 2009

I saw that thread too but to be honest for me for four heads it just isn't worth worrying about. The sculpts are not her best either and certainly not as good as the ones she does in 12 Inch scale of the Fab Four which painted up look really quite nice.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

She just does not get Mego scale at all.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

You have a link to her site? I lost it. Haven't seen her work in a while.

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

Never mind. I found it. Maybe we need to send her a selection of old heads she can compare to when working. She still can't do anything but big noses on people? Many actors she sculpt have these wide node ridges when they should be narrower. Lover her stuff tho.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎