X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Batfan
    • Dec 31, 2011

printable glossy cardstock paper source

HI folks

I am wanting to produce some boxes and etc for myself and I am trying to find a source for the glossy card stock that people use to make the boxes. anyone know of a source online.

Thanks
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

I've never been able to find anything I like so I always use photopaper mounted to board.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Hey, Batfan, I work for a printing company and you might want to check with a local printshop to see if they have any type of glossy cardstock they would be willing to sell you by the sheet or by the ream. The only drawback to most glossy stock is that it does not work in inkjet printers very well (the paper can't absorb the ink, so stuff usually smears), but if you have access to a laser color printer or you have a Kinko's that can run digital files to a color laser press (like a XEROX 5000), then they should be able to run the stock for you.

Hope this is helpful!
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I do what mego73 suggests... print it out on photo paper and then glue it onto poster board. In practice, it works really well.

Comment

• The Batfan
          • Dec 31, 2011

thanks for the info. I am in a small town so no Kinkos or anything here. will check with a buddy of mine who use to have a printing company.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎