X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

Just an FYI

I just restrung my first Type 1 body. I know this is not a big deal to anyone but me, but it is my 1st step in trying to salvage/customize the beaters. Lovin it.
  • sauce
    Removed
    • Jun 24, 2007

Dude, it's so fun!!!!
    I remember my first.

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

Hey Chris, It is a start. I never have restrung a Mego body yet so you are definitely one up on me.
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

I've done some Types 1 bodies and once you figure it out, it's cake. Having said that, I'm afraid to approach it on a Type 2. It looks like it would be a pain.

I'm with you on fixing up beaters, Chris! I like giving those old soldiers a new life, so to speak.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
          70's Era Pimp
          • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by torgospizza
          I've done some Types 1 bodies and once you figure it out, it's cake. Having said that, I'm afraid to approach it on a Type 2. It looks like it would be a pain.

I'm with you on fixing up beaters, Chris! I like giving those old soldiers a new life, so to speak.
          I just changed a couple of knee pins on the type 2 ones. It's so cool fixing them. I restrung four T1s. I am just such a kid. LOL

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

It's fun when you pick up a lot or two of body parts, and then see how many you can salvage. The problem for me is I always end up with otherwise complete figures - minus the feet cause they often have that split at the ankle.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• livnxxxl
              Megoholic RocketScientist
              • Oct 23, 2007

Working with the knee pins some times reminds me of the game Operation. One wrong move and.....
              Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

They can be delicate so yes, you have to be careful. Its fun once you learn to only use so much pressure.

Comment

• actjac01
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 17, 2009

T-2 restrings are a piece of cake!
                  I can't tell you how many of those I've restrung over the years.
                  If there's really any T2 to be careful about are the Emce bodies, only because, if you're not careful, you can easily tear the arm connect or break the plastic hook in the hip! The old mego T2 are alot sturdier in that regard.

Originally posted by torgospizza

"...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎