Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doc Mego New Muscular Body + Darkseid = ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astro-greg
    • Mar 8, 2010

Doc Mego New Muscular Body + Darkseid = ?

Hi gang!

Does anyone know if Darkseid's costume pieces would work on Doc Mego's new muscular body?

I haven't been able to get ahold of either one yet. I am awaiting arrival of an order from the Doc, and am debating purchasing a Darkseid to customize.

Thanks for any info everyone!
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

The boots won't fit without chopping the feet thinner. I doubt the gloves would make it over the hands either. The head should swap out easily and I guess the suit would fit if you pulled the padding out. Haven't disected one so not sure if that's an easy task or not. Need to see pics if you get it done.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

That was my intention with Darkseid all along until I saw how cool he looked just the way he is.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• fossilfuse
        Museum Super Collector
        • Oct 27, 2008

I am going to do the same thing with Darkseid when I get one. Haven't picked one up yet. I have a new Doc muscle body waiting for him. I assume the head will swap. (I might buy another custom head since I don't really like the one that came out). And the outfit should swap, by removing the padding. Hopefully the boots and gloves can be modified to fit the new body, or I might do something custom to replace these.

Comment

• astro-greg
          • Mar 8, 2010

I was thinking that I might be able to swap the hands so that the smaller hands are on the muscular body. Which I guess depends on the posts being roughly the same size. But it would allow the use of gloves.

I haven't determined a solution for the boots, yet.

Maybe replacing them with another boot?

I like the head. But I have been toying with the idea of trying to replicate the light up eyes from the super powers version.

Comment

• justzeg18
            Career Member
            • May 5, 2003

could you go the older medicom style and just remove the hands and feet, and let the boots and gloves replace them?

Comment

• Tothiro
              Kitten Mittens
              • Aug 28, 2008

Yes, I would suggest a DM Hulk body top, with hands removed, and standard 2 legs. This keeps the Darkseid boots, and the only suit modification needed is an easy trim job of cutting the shoulder/torso padding out of the jumper (keep the thigh padding in).

The padding is one piece, sewn in from the armpits to the waist, on both the fronts and backs of the jumper's side seams...
              So four stitches, basically.

The DMH hands unfortunately have a larger pin (probably 1/3 wider all around) so regular T2 pins insert, but just flop loose and pull out. Luckily the Darkseid gloves are made such that you can just push these up onto the arms over the sleeves, no hands needed.

I modified mine onto a Venture Brock T2 hybrid and added a cape... I'll try to post pics. That body combo looks pretty swank though.

Comment

• Tothiro
                Kitten Mittens
                • Aug 28, 2008

Darkseid + Brock body combo = Pics

Pics or it didn't happen, amirite?

Cape is sporting an ironman button in pinky-gray, still needs a decal for that.

Comment

• astro-greg
                  • Mar 8, 2010

Wow, that turned out great!
                  Thanks for the breakdown.
                  It wil definitely give me a good starting point.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Dr V must have been impressed by the Darkseid makeover. He is looking rather buff.

Love to see your suggestions on skinnying up the Doctor and the Venture boys themselves.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2007

Nice job Robert!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Very cool! But how does the padding come out of the tights (or did you leave that in)?
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                          Time to feed the cat
                          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                          That was my intention with Darkseid all along until I saw how cool he looked just the way he is.
                          yep thats how I feel!

Comment

• Tothiro
                            Kitten Mittens
                            • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Very cool! But how does the padding come out of the tights (or did you leave that in)?
                            I left the thigh padding in - but for those wanting to remove it for a custom boot solution and further body mod, the thigh pads sew into the exterior leg seams along the center of the pad. Turning the legs of the suit inside out will reveal the area to snip.

@Rche, I dunno... for extra skinny I would suggest picking a few Flatt bodies up from castaway... They're a touch shorter, but much thinner. I believe the bodies will also match the Venture gang in skin tone, so you'll have thin and pale. Hot.
                            Last edited by Tothiro; Sep 7, '11, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                              Persistent Member
                              • Oct 3, 2007

Is there a picure of a shrink ray on that shrink ray? Sorry just had to say that. I'm dvr'ing old episodes.
                              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎