X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Hero Boots for Mego Figures a la Charlee Flatt

Enough search at the web... How da' man made the cloth boots for his figures. Anyone can shed any light?
  • Anarchy
    Career Member
    • May 26, 2009

not sure what info your seeking, charlee was able to sew the cloth boots into his outfits, as do most great customizers, Black Knight, type3toys
    Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

>How da' man made the cloth boots for his figures

I seem to recall he used a different foot inside the boot, which was slightly larger and more shoe shaped.

Don C.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by ctc
        >How da' man made the cloth boots for his figures

I seem to recall he used a different foot inside the boot, which was slightly larger and more shoe shaped.

Don C.

That makes perfect sense! Also, he seemed to use some sort of a "band" to shape the top rim of the boot. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Charlie Flatt was a man before his time and in my world a pure genius. Some people can do work in the "style of Charlie Flatt" but I have not seen anything come close to the dedication and supreme look he has done.
          ....and yes, BlackKnight is probably the guy that comes pretty damn close to the Charlie Flatt boot look.

There was a guy that gave me a tip on how to do it. Some people use Fray check and some just are damn talented. We have all kinds of ways people do it.

I made my Hercules figure some boots using a thin leather material and after many trials and errors of looking like dog**** and probably "a couple" members on here cracking jokes. A really cool member on here (maybe he'll speak up...don't want to say his name) walked me through it over the phone and it recalled evenly cutting up pieces of plastic forks and slowly working them down inside the the boot (while partially sewn around on the large ankle of the plastic foot)...I thought he was crazy but when my Hercules was finished he has a nice pair of leather looking boots. I lost about 4lbs of sweat on that one.

I have been sorta taking stabs at it with bigger muscular customs that are hard to find boots.

Maybe someday before I am too old to even do this I'll figure out the Charlie Flatt secret. Right now, it's just nice to see how others do it and speculate the many forms and ideas that they use.
          Last edited by Cosmicman; Jun 19, '11, 1:58 PM.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I think a lot of customizers here have surpassed Flatt, BK, T3Toys, Megospidey and others. But I personally am not a big fan of the sock boot, it looks ok, just not something I like on my customs.
            Last edited by thunderbolt; Jun 20, '11, 3:51 AM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎