X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Brown Acrylic paint help needed

I have looked at all the craft stores around here and have not been able to find a bottle of plain brown acrylic paint... I've looked at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Walmart with no luck... Apple Barrel, Delta, and Anita's are the brands I've seen but not one store carried a standard brown (the closest thing they carried here was Burnt Umber.)

Are the stores just not carrying brown, or did these places stop making it?

Also, other than the above mentioned stores, are there any other "chain" stores that might carry acrylic paints?
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

I have several shades of brown that I use, but none of them say brown on their labels. The ones I use most are Accent Raw Sienna and Apple Barrel Burnt Sienna.

Comment

• Dave Mc
      Administrator
      • Oct 20, 2002

Delta makes one I use. I think it's called Chocolate something, followed by (dark brown), although really it's not all that dark. It's pretty medium brown.

You don't often see a color that is just labeled the color. It's always something clever.

Comment

• YANOULI
        Part-Time Timelord
        • Jan 9, 2006

I use Games workshop acrylics " scorched brown " for painting hair etc and it's pretty good.
        It's the closest thing to a normal brown that i've found ( apart from Humbrol enamel ).
        " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

Any decent model shop should have a selection of browns Apes, there are many ranges out there for the modeller in acrylic and other mediums. Daler-Rowney Cryla, Tamiya and Humbrol all make decent acrylics. I myself use Vallego as they have many different hues.
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

Try Blick Art stores. They have all kinds of Acrylic and all kinds o'brands.
            Or, maybe you can mix colors?

good luck.

Comment

• ozcollector1992
              Longtime Oz Collector
              • Oct 13, 2006

I get mine at Meijer
              Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎