X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry68
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 12, 2008

Thor head

Does any one know of or make a good head for Thor? I am not looking for the common one, something different. Let me know.
    sigpic
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Jerry68
    Does any one know of or make a good head for Thor? I am not looking for the common one, something different. Let me know.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I'll explain what I did...

I have never been happy with the Transvesitte looking Mego Thor head. There was something really wrong with it. Maybe it was the flippy curls at the end of his hair? I don't know.

When I think of Thor, I think of massive and beefy arms and super strong
    So I came up with this Thor.

I found a new PEZ head that came out featuring several Marvel Super Heroes.
    I took the Thor head to the grinder and filed off his plastic hair and then pain stakingly rooted long blond hair into the small holes I drilled along with the many I glued under his helmet.
    After clamping the helmet down, I painted it with chrome paint and sealed it all up.

I put my Thor on a bigger body. It is a combo body built from parts I have lying around Famous Covers and muscular legs I beefed up from some older doll giving Thor about 8 1/2 inches.

So, this is my Thor head.

If you run out of options and you come across a PEZ Thor head you can send it to me and would be more then happy to work on it for you and send it
    back.

Back of the head. Yeah, I may have made his hair too long.

Last edited by Cosmicman; May 9, '11, 1:31 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
      Career Member
      • Jul 6, 2006

How does the pez Thor head look on a standard body? I was thinking of doing a Thor with the Zica body. Is the pez one too big?

Comment

• david_b
        Never had enough toys..
        • May 9, 2008

Wrath, that head is the BEST Thor I've seen.. It looks super for us Bronze/Silver Age fans.

Those arms are PERFECT.

NOW I've got to hunt down a Pez head.. Thanks!!!!

david_b
        Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

The Pez head is too big for straight Mego, and IMO a tad bit to big for 9 inch figures. Same goes for Cap.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Jerry68
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 12, 2008

Thanks for the offer. I will let you know.

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
            I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I'll explain what I did...

I have never been happy with the Transvesitte looking Mego Thor head. There was something really wrong with it. Maybe it was the flippy curls at the end of his hair? I don't know.

When I think of Thor, I think of massive and beefy arms and super strong
            So I came up with this Thor.

I found a new PEZ head that came out featuring several Marvel Super Heroes.
            I took the Thor head to the grinder and filed off his plastic hair and then pain stakingly rooted long blond hair into the small holes I drilled along with the many I glued under his helmet.
            After clamping the helmet down, I painted it with chrome paint and sealed it all up.

I put my Thor on a bigger body. It is a combo body built from parts I have lying around Famous Covers and muscular legs I beefed up from some older doll giving Thor about 8 1/2 inches.

So, this is my Thor head.

If you run out of options and you come across a PEZ Thor head you can send it to me and would be more then happy to work on it for you and send it
            back.

Back of the head. Yeah, I may have made his hair too long.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5022646_n.jpg
            sigpic

Comment

• Jerry68
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 12, 2008

Where did you find that Pez? Toys r us was a no go.
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Check Deal$ and Dollar Tree.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Jerry68
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Check Deal$ and Dollar Tree.
                  Thanks buddy!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Just remember when you get that Thor Pez head, be careful popping off that helmet. It takes a bit of struggle. Make sure you dremel the plastic Thor hair off because it will never fit oh anybody with those chunks of hair sculpted plastic there.

After you file down that thick plastic hair, put drops of Acetone down in the head and it pop off the helmet. Don't worry about the Acetone making the paint come off, you will need to repaint it later. The Acetone will eat the glue that was put in there to keep the helmet on. Not sure what they used to seal that damn helmet on but mine was on real good.

Then take strands of blond hair (****, I went to a junk store and picked up a Barbie doll that was in bad shape but her hair was still OK) and glue it up into the flat part of the Thor head. When you get a good bunch of blond hair all the way around carefully press that helmet back down. Don't worry if it doesn't clamp down shut, just get it on there good enough and drop some super glue up into there to keep the hair from falling out.

Then when all is dry, go pick up some chrome paint and repaint that helmet to look like it is metal.
                    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Jerry68
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 12, 2008

I got some heads, experimenting soon. Thanks for the tips Wrathdemon. The head is much bigger than other heads, Lets see what I can come up with.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎