X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

CTVT skull head?

Anybody got 1 (or 2) of thes laying around? I could use some. I'm just too cheap to pay $8 shipping for a $2 part.

thanks!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Gary, pretty sure I do. Let me look.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

If T-Bolt does not happen to have them I do.
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
        Mighty Man/Monster Maker
        • Aug 14, 2007

Thanks everybody for the help! I want to espcially thanks Cmonster and TrueDave for the skull head hook-up!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
        https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• TrueDave
          Toy Maker
          • Jan 12, 2008

PMed you last night ( I think) : got one more if you need it . . . . .

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Are CTVT's actual skeletons any good?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• nubee
              Career Member
              • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Are CTVT's actual skeletons any good?
              Hi,

I'm gonna try and answer this for you. The quality of plastic appears to be inferior to the other CTVT heads. It is softer, more thin and prone to tear by the stem or plug area. (I wished it was made with the same quality as the Grim Reaper's head, which appears to be the same head but caste with a yellowish color, "better" thicker plastic and more detailed paint scheme.) On the other hand, the detailed of the skeleton head is absolutely fantastic. I did not believe all of details in the sculpt until I started the custom paint. As is, it looks like something from a $0.99 store. Get some black acrylic paint to flush out the detail and that head is quite sinister and more evil looking than the Demon head. I am in the process of getting a new camera. When I finally get one, I'll try and post some pics. FYI, I owned at least 20 of 'em and trashed about half of 'em trying to customized the skeleton head.

I hope this answer some of your questions.

Comment

• TrueDave
                Toy Maker
                • Jan 12, 2008

I love the skeletons. Never had one break. Very poseable.

Comment

• Rat King
                  Banned
                  • Apr 1, 2011

Originally posted by nubee
                  Hi,

I'm gonna try and answer this for you. The quality of plastic appears to be inferior to the other CTVT heads. It is softer, more thin and prone to tear by the stem or plug area. (I wished it was made with the same quality as the Grim Reaper's head, which appears to be the same head but caste with a yellowish color, "better" thicker plastic and more detailed paint scheme.) On the other hand, the detailed of the skeleton head is absolutely fantastic. I did not believe all of details in the sculpt until I started the custom paint. As is, it looks like something from a $0.99 store. Get some black acrylic paint to flush out the detail and that head is quite sinister and more evil looking than the Demon head. I am in the process of getting a new camera. When I finally get one, I'll try and post some pics. FYI, I owned at least 20 of 'em and trashed about half of 'em trying to customized the skeleton head.

I hope this answer some of your questions.
                  One man's opinion I've gotten about 10 of them and used the bodies & heads with no problem...Is it just me or am I seeing alot of hate towards CTVT? I know in the past they were not great but now they are OK...

Comment

• nubee
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 15, 2010

Please let me clarify. I never meant to imply that the skeleton head can be easily torn by the stem area. (Now that I am re-reading my comment, it appears I did....sorry.) In fact I am quite fond of it and that's why I own so many of 'em. I have about 4 left. It just that of the 20-ish or so I have about 3-4 of them arrived with a tear by the stem area. (This is what I should have mentioned.) When I compared it to the Grim Reaper's head, I noticed the plastic appears to be of inferior quality.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

Never had any head tears but the bodies fell apart.I re-glued 5 out of the 6 I got.
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• TrueDave
                        Toy Maker
                        • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by nubee
                        Please let me clarify. I never meant to imply that the skeleton head can be easily torn by the stem area. (Now that I am re-reading my comment, it appears I did....sorry.) In fact I am quite fond of it and that's why I own so many of 'em. I have about 4 left. It just that of the 20-ish or so I have about 3-4 of them arrived with a tear by the stem area. (This is what I should have mentioned.) When I compared it to the Grim Reaper's head, I noticed the plastic appears to be of inferior quality.
                        All the CTTV heads I've had are prone to tears there.

I love that CTTV has suits and all kinds of crazy wrestling props.
                        Snowshovels? 2x4 wrapped in barbed wire?

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎