The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update: Looks Like The Late Show Won't Be Using My Letterman and Schaffer Figures :(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K
    Fun Will Now Commence
    • Jun 20, 2001

Update: Looks Like The Late Show Won't Be Using My Letterman and Schaffer Figures :(

Hi, Everyone.

As you may have read, the Late Show expressed interest in my David Letterman and Paul Schaffer custom figures:

I Heard Back From the Late Show About My Letterman And Schaffer Customs! - Page 5 - Mego Talk

Well...early this evening I was startled by the FedEx guy at the door. Inside the box were my Lil' Dave and Lil' Paul figures that arrived at the Late Show on Tuesday. There was a quick hand written note from the main guy I dealt with thanking me for sending the figures and telling me that he showed them to the staff and they all got a kick out of them. He said he's now returning them and thanks again.

I'm not sure if the writer's strike had any effect on them returning them so quickly. *shrug*

So that's it, My Mego Comrades. Looks like no fame for the little guys. Oh, well. I was counting on anything anyway. I'm just happy that: #1: they saw the figures and #2: they returned them in the same condition.

Thanks to all of you for encouraging me to send in the figures. At least now the Late Show has heard of the Mego Museum.
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Wow...that sucks! Wonder what happened? They might not have wanted to hold on to them indefinitely with the writer's strike...that's all I can think off.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Awww I'm sorry. But I'm glad you got them back alright.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Scout
        • Aug 19, 2005

Well, rats! I'm sure glad you got 'em back safe, though.

Comment

• jemboy2004
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2005

well at least you tried. If you didn't you would have always wondered what could have been. You gambled and it wasn't a total loss. you got them back in one piece.

Comment

• Dave Mc
            Administrator
            • Oct 20, 2002

Totally surprised they sent them back. Also surprised they weren't worth some kind of quick something or other on the show. Oh well, you tried. Perhaps send them to Jay Leno, he might find something fun to do with them.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

ah what ever it's there loss K,now you get your toys back
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

I'm sorry they decided not to use the figures on the show, but I'm glad to hear you got them back in one piece. And at least you tried, you would've kicked yourself in the head if you hadn't, not knowing what might've been
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Now make a Conan O'Brian one, I bet it would work there.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• K
                    Fun Will Now Commence
                    • Jun 20, 2001

Wonder what happened? They might not have wanted to hold on to them indefinitely with the writer's strike...that's all I can think off.
                    That's my suspicion, too. The guy seemed to purposely not elaborate in his short, handwritten note. *shrug*

I thank you all so much for the encouragement and support through all of this! It's greatly appreciated. Had it not been for all of your opinions and comments, I probably wouldn't have gotten up the guts to send them in the first place. I'm glad I did it. Thanks again, Everyone!
                    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                      MeGoing
                      • May 14, 2003

You are still famous and highly talented in my mind. Perhaps they took some shots of them with Dave and they might turn up later .... who knows?

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Now make a Conan O'Brian one, I bet it would work there.
                        I agree with that... O'Brien is much more into what can be called "Pop Culture" and I'm sure as Thunderbolt said, he'd be all over something like a well made action figure of himself...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Maybe it has to do with the skit Robot Chicken did with their Letterman figure? Maybe someone with the show thought "not this again." Shame if they did.

Comment

• Airdave817
                            Satellite Monitor Duty
                            • May 31, 2007

Writer's Strike

You've all probably read the same things I have - if it was the writer's strike that was the reason they were sent back so quickly - Letterman and leno have been in reruns all week. So has Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. I've read where this strike is supposed to last months and months - probably longer than the 22 week-long strike of '88. It's supposed to be long and ugly.

I could probably imagine them all sitting there wondering what to do with these cool custom action figures. I doubt that they could even do anything for an online podcast.

Just about anything they did with them would get lost by all the attention on the writer's strike.

I'd say wait until 2009, when the writer's strike ends, and see if that same guy still works there and see if they want to do something with them then. See if they can spiff you with a pair of tickets to the show. By then they'll want to pack the house with an audience...
                            Shameless self-promotion -
                            Earth-Dave
                            KROC-FM
                            Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                            "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎