X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fire Marshal Bill
    Career Member
    • Jul 25, 2010

Replacing POTA Dr. Zaius foot

I am very new to this so please excuse the simple question. I have never attempted to repair a figure. I only have a handful of Mego figures at the moment but i would like expand my collection. It would seem that if i had the know how to gather parts and repair the bodies that i could save some money.... and learn a lot and have fun all while watching my collection grow. Anyway, i have on the way a Dr. Zaius with a broken foot. It is a T1 body. What are the differences in the T1 ape feet compared to other Mego bodies feet? Are the hands the only difference? Is it possible to replace just his foot or will i need to look into replacing the whole leg? Can i use any T1 leg or foot or do i need to look for one specifically for POTA. Any links to tutorials or information on Mego body types would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
    Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Best bet would be to get another T1 body of the same color or just the leg itself with the same color and restring it the leg onto the body. Of course it won't be original anymore.
    Simple answer is you can't swap out foots on T1 bodies unless you have a unused replacement rivet and able to rivet the foot again.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I think the feet are the same for all; so you could slap on any T1 leg. The colour might not match, but once dressed it wouldn't be noticable.

Don C.

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

All you ever wanted to know about the different body types can be found in the custom mego section of this web-site.

Heres a link to the page:

CustoMego

Depending on what kind of damage there is to the foot, you technically could drill out the rivet, and replace the foot, then rivet it back in....but its not worth the effort. As everyone else mentioned, its way easier to string in a new leg. If you post on here, or in the marketplace section, which leg it is, odds are somebody here might even have one.
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
          Career Member
          • Jul 25, 2010

Thanks for the replies so far everyone! Sounds like i probably need to just find a T1 leg and make an attempt at restringing. Was reading about it in the CustoMego section of the site..... looks like something i could handle. I haven't received the figure yet, but when i do i'll evaluate the damage and post up a WTB thread in the Marketplace if i need a new leg. I'll also need his coat, pants and boots to complete him. He was a tag-a-long with another POTA figure i bid on. I figured now is as good a time as any to start learning how to do a little repair work on these guys. Thanks again for the help.
          Vintage Toy Rescue
          1614-B N State Hwy 161
          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
            Career Member
            • Jul 25, 2010

Oh yeah, i might mention.... if i don't get him fixed up and completed it's no big deal. Luckily i still have my Dr. Zaius from when i was a kid .

Vintage Toy Rescue
            1614-B N State Hwy 161
            Grand Prairie, TX 75050
            (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡