X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

What's going on under that bodysuit?

So, with all the discussion of body swapping with the new Mattel figures... as well as with all the cool custom body mods that are going on here... here is my question:

How much do you care what your figure's body looks like under the outfit? Does it bother you if skin tones don't match, if there are visible spots where parts have been spliced together, etc? Or as long as it looks right when dressed, do you not care what is going on under that bodysuit?

Personally, for some reason it bothers me... even if nobody else can see it, I know that it is under there. Maybe it is because when I was a kid I would swap clothes on my figures all the time. I don't know really know why. But for whatever reason, it does.

So... Am I a freak, or do others feel the same way?
  • Cmonster
    Banned
    • Feb 6, 2010

My mom always told me that whats on the inside of someone is much more important than what's on the outside.

SC

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

that's a great question. I'm working on a custom flesh tone body right now and getting colors to match is maddening. I've finally gotten the parts I've cast to match, but I still have to cheat a little on all the connecting bits (knee pins, elbows pins, etc).

My wife keeps telling me that the figure is going to be covered anyway, but still it bothers me.

so... I guess we're both freaks.
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

If I can't see it I don't care.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Don't care Much if I can't see it either.
          I am not My Nieces and Playing Dress up.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

If it's covered who cares?
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by sprytel
              So, with all the discussion of body swapping with the new Mattel figures... as well as with all the cool custom body mods that are going on here... here is my question:

How much do you care what your figure's body looks like under the outfit? Does it bother you if skin tones don't match, if there are visible spots where parts have been spliced together, etc? Or as long as it looks right when dressed, do you not care what is going on under that bodysuit?

Personally, for some reason it bothers me... even if nobody else can see it, I know that it is under there. Maybe it is because when I was a kid I would swap clothes on my figures all the time. I don't know really know why. But for whatever reason, it does.

So... Am I a freak, or do others feel the same way?
              Count me as another freak. Every time I customize a figure, I strive to make it look as if it was factory made. That includes the base body used...

Would like people to think: Hey which manufacturer made that figure?

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                • Aug 14, 2007

I don't worry too much about what is under the suit, but then again, I don't worry about the backs of my figures a lot of times. Some of my figures have more stitching on their backs than Frankenstein's got on his privates.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

It bothers me too. I am a fanatic about getting my custom heads to match the body colour.

Comment

• Tothiro
                    Kitten Mittens
                    • Aug 28, 2008

I'm at least as bad. I accept it, but it gets me... I don't even like using Ponch parts with regular flesh tone if it's in a suit. I'm also guilty of swapping all the new figs out to vintage body parts.
                    Sometimes I say, "Eh, whatever..." But deep down inside? I'd much rather find a beater Mugato body to finish out that Thundercats Lion-O custom, even if he's going to be silkscreened, even though they never made yellow forearms. It'd just be "that much" closer. I figure at least I know it's OCD.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

If it isn't showing, I don't really worry, but I do hate mismatched flesh tones if even a little peeks through.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 3, 2007

Color continuity does matter to me. Especially if its visable. But when hidden, its less of an issue. I was customizing a Famous Cover 9" fig. I was using the Vision fig. cause it was an easy score. When I got the costume off. The body was composed of almost every color of the charactor. I needed all green. So if manufactorers dont care about body color. I learned to be less dicriminating.
                        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎