X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNutt
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 8, 2009

Mattel forearm+hand transplant on Mego type 2

I've perused the forum, I'm brand new to customizing(1st time), and I can't seem to find how to remove the Mattel forearm-with-hand-attached from the Mattel arm? I want those Mattel GL hands and I don't want to do it with Castaway arms since I have an extra Type 2 body hanging around. Do I use boiling water? Are the elbows held together with pins on the Mattel and Mego bodies? Any help would be much appreciated.
    If you need a hole, I can dig it.
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Boiling water works. I just ran it under hot water but of course our water gets pretty hot.
    Mego elbow pins are easy to remove. If you have plastic handle thumb tack lying around and wire cutters. just snip the tip on the sharp point of the tack and use as a pushing tool to remove the pins.
    Mattel body? Not sure. Never messed with one. Don't like it. I replace with CAT body.

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

I know the Mattel wrist pins will pop right into Doc's body with no problem. Stick em in some hot water for 30 seconds, pop em out of the Mattel body(hold it at the wrist pin not the hand so it doesn't tear), and pop it into the wrist hole. Should fit a T2 arm the same way. Not sure on the CAW body but I would think they're similar.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• MegoNutt
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 8, 2009

impatience is my virtue. pins were no problem. head was another issue. thanks for the input.

If you need a hole, I can dig it.

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Ouch! At least you got it done. Looks good.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Good job...looks great.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎