X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blastphemey
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 11, 2008

5 inch bodies and heads

do 8 inch heads fit on 5 inchs bodies? i imagine they would but may look kindof goofy. anyone have any words of wisdom
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by swoyerjay
    do 8 inch heads fit on 5 inchs bodies? i imagine they would but may look kindof goofy. anyone have any words of wisdom
    You could ream out the neckhole. I'm guessing you're referring the the CTVT kids bodies and not original Rascals bodies. The heads could be acetoned down in size I guess and might come closer in scale. Never seen anyone go to a smaller than 8 inch size. They have done stuff like Joe, Big Jim, and the 9 inch Trek heads down into 8 inch scale for recasting with that method. They get hard as the water is siphoned off and the head shrinks. All the paint gets removed too. Just an FYI.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Cmonster
      Banned
      • Feb 6, 2010

In my opinion, no... The math just doesn't work. A 1/9 scale (8 inch) head COULD work on a body that was a little bigger, depending on the character. But on smaller body, even say an inch or inch and half smaller, the heads start looking really big and kind of goofy to my eyes.

Modern superhero figures, in pretty much any scale, have different proportions than the megos of yesteryear. The heads are smaller proportionally, to make the bodies look even bigger than they're sculpted or produced, giving today's heroes a "larger than life" look. To me, that's one of the really charming things about megos; The heads are much more realistically and accurately scaled to the bodies. It's just a mego thing.

Mego scale heads can sometimes work on a slightly bigger body, but to me, it never really works the other way around.

Just my 2.

SC

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

There might be some customs-lab heads floating around that would fit.
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Acetone shrinks 8" heads to fit the lion rock size body. So they might work on the 5" bodies too. Check if a lion rock head is okay. If it is too big then maybe a lion rock head shrunk would work. I guess it depends on what head you want to use.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MegoRonin
            There might be some customs-lab heads floating around that would fit.
            definitely, since most were not Mego sized.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎