Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hocky
    • Aug 28, 2007

How to repro dr kromedome CANE?

I managed to buy a complete kromedome, even though i only needed the cane for my boxed kromedome.
    I have been thinking of trying to make a repro cane for my loose figure.
    Any idea's on how i do this????

hocky:
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

I've not seen this part in person, just in pics, but there are a couple quick and easy solutions I see.

You can take a plastic paint hobby paintbrush, cut the handle off and add the rounded handle with some kind of clay or material. Even some melted plastic. A repro Ivanhoe lance would probably work really well instead of a paintbrush handle.

You could whittle one out of wood. Although I think I'd dremel instead of whittle.

You could sculpt one out of sculpey, cast it in resin and paint it if you have that kind of experience.

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 28, 2006

I'm not familiar with this part. Anyone have a photo of it?

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I've never actually SEEN one myself, but I went off the box for my 8" custom:

Provided I'm close, this is the easiest part in the world to make. Take an appropriate sized dowel, and run one end through a pencil sharpener for a few twists.... to get the tapered point on the bottom. Using an X-acto saw and mitre box, I scored a line on the other end, for the cane head. I used a straight pin for the head of mine; but for a 12" scaled one you can probably find an appropriately sized bead. Use a pin vice to mount a small wire on the end, glue the bead on through the hole, and putty up as neccessary. Paint and voiola!

Don C.

Comment

• GUYx1
          FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
          • Apr 20, 2005

If you still want a photo, I can try and take one next to a ruler if you think it would be of any help .

Cheers,

GUYx1

It's not perfect, but here is the giant purple matchstick.

Last edited by GUYx1; Sep 20, '07, 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Cheers,
          Guyx1

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎