Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone done a Mego Body Database covering painted features and skin tone???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Has anyone done a Mego Body Database covering painted features and skin tone???

Hello, So I have been starting up customizing again. I've been gathering up Target era Mego's as bases and fell into a problem. Alot of these Mego's present problems with Paint on the bodies and Skin tones
    that don't match the desired end product. Example of this issue; I bought a Marsha Brady, When I dissembled the doll, I found it had Black Panties painted on the pelvis. I needed a Pale Caucasian figure for the custom. Though the painted panties make the body unusable.
    Other issues I ran across. Facts of Life dolls all have socks painted on that cannot be covered by boots.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

I have run into that on a few fronts. With the classic figures, a lot of the males have colored trunks that can easily show through light colored fabric. I have had to piant those on occassion when I don't have a flesh colored hip piece to swap out, One some of the newer figyres, you can take off the paint, but you have to be very careful whether your using acetone/nail polish remover or Testors liquid cement, as either can affect the finish on the plastic. It's not a problem if the part isn't showing, but it can be an issue. Up until the new bandless bodies were introduced, the modern Mego s could be disassembled and parts switched, but the many varying skin tones make matching parts a challenge. Also problematical is dye from the outfits staining parts, something you obviously can't see untill you pull the clothes off. Haven't found anyhing that really helps with that. I can say that most of the pre-bandless bodies are not mixable with say classic bodies or in many cases each other. The last wave with the type 2 modern bodies had some good matches with the classic flesh tone with the male bodies. I havent seen anyone compile a list of compatibility, and the times I've tried to match heads with arms, I've found the only real matches are the ones that came on the same figure. I also haven't bought all the new Mego figures, so my knowledge is imcomplete.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎