X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivaniski
    replied
    New 8" Body Teaser Pic

Originally posted by JediJaida
    If and when you do the female figures, could you please make sure that the hands aren't the teensy little appendages that they are on vintage Megos?

Hands and feet should be proportionate to each other, without looking humongous.

Also, watch out for the size of the head. The current heads, while very cute, are too large for the body.
    I concur with JediJaida, We need female bodies that are somewhat similar to these.........

I'll buy 1 Dozen please!!
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 11, '09, 7:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    Glad to hear it!

I can't wait for the new figure to come out.

Do you think it'll be ready by Christmas?

Leave a comment:

• ZICA
    replied
    Originally posted by JediJaida
    If and when you do the female figures, could you please make sure that the hands aren't the teensy little appendages that they are on vintage Megos?

Hands and feet should be proportionate to each other, without looking humongous.

Also, watch out for the size of the head. The current heads, while very cute, are too large for the body.
    If a female body is made I'll be sure to take note of everything you've mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ZICA
    replied
    Originally posted by Boris71
    Have you thought of selling these likw BBI did with thier body builder figure, in a box or blister with a generic head?
    The bodies will be sold loose and come with the standard grip hands shown in the picture. There are no plans to offer them with a generic head but at some point the heads could be sold separately.

Originally posted by 60'schild
    Thinking about this further ....

With the "slight" similarity to the Joe CC body, you do have to be careful about the size of the hands.. Having several 12" joes for customs I can personally attest to the "issues" with fitting material (even spandex) over the larger hands (especially if sleeves are tight).

I'd hate to have hordes of otherwise happy customizer/ customers content until they attempted to get their custom sleeves over an over-sized gorilla hand...

Otherwise, the body is perfect and I would love to see Zicatoys pursue some superhero licenses .... THUNDER AGENTS anyone (Dynamo, No-Man etc..), ex-Valiant characters like Dr. Solar and Magnus Robot Fighter, and any others that aren't already secured by "the big two"...
    The hands will be easy to remove so getting tight fitting clothing over them won't be a problem. You'll simply pull off the hands, slip the suit over the arms and pop the hands back in. You won't have to use tools or boil anything in water to remove the hands.

Originally posted by swoyerjay
    perhaps with the hands situation you could make interchangable hands and sell em, like fists. justa thought
    That's been the plan all along.

Leave a comment:

• 60'schild
    replied
    And with luck, they will be a LOT easier to swap than 12" CC Joe hands! (Even with pliers, those can be tough!)

Leave a comment:

• blastphemey
    replied
    perhaps with the hands situation you could make interchangable hands and sell em, like fists. justa thought

Leave a comment:

• 60'schild
    replied
    Thinking about this further ....

With the "slight" similarity to the Joe CC body, you do have to be careful about the size of the hands.. Having several 12" joes for customs I can personally attest to the "issues" with fitting material (even spandex) over the larger hands (especially if sleeves are tight).

I'd hate to have hordes of otherwise happy customizer/ customers content until they attempted to get their custom sleeves over an over-sized gorilla hand...

Otherwise, the body is perfect and I would love to see Zicatoys pursue some superhero licenses .... THUNDER AGENTS anyone (Dynamo, No-Man etc..), ex-Valiant characters like Dr. Solar and Magnus Robot Fighter, and any others that aren't already secured by "the big two"...

Leave a comment:

• Boris71
    replied
    Have you thought of selling these likw BBI did with thier body builder figure, in a box or blister with a generic head?

Leave a comment:

• AJ Collector
    replied
    I think they look great, kudos on you design!

Leave a comment:

• Megospidey
    replied
    Postives:

It will be great to have another Mego scale body to work with for customizing...and also pre-made figures to collect. This is for sure very different than the Doc Mego or Castaway body, so it provides us with a different body "type" to work with.

Negatives:

I was not a big fan of the new Action Jackson bodies, and this looks somewhat like it. I will have to handle it and see how it articulates before I reserve final judgment though. The legs look a tad long to me, and the torso a tad short. I too wish the pelvis swiveled more than just side to side, but that's just me. And the hands...well enough has been said there.

Overall...I'm excited to see something new in Mego scale. I know this is just a rough proto-type and that changes will be made. I look forward to making a custom on it!

Leave a comment:

• Meule
    replied
    Type Z body, eh? Well, I'm not too crazy about the pelvis, but that won't be visible on customs, so I can live with that. I can definitely see this body being used quite a lot for superheroes with that bigger chest and the more muscular arms.
    If Mego, CTVT, Castaway, EMCE and Doc Mego hands fit on those forearms you really have a winner

Leave a comment:

• Brown Bear
    replied
    Looks like an 8" GI Joe.....very VERY cool!

Leave a comment:

• SlipperyLilSuckers
    replied
    Originally posted by raider5gt
    Wish you all the best in this venture and hope there is more to come?

Battle of the Planets maybe?
    Yes, what he said.

Leave a comment:

• JediJaida
    replied
    When you finally get your hands on one of them, let us know what it's like. I'm sure that it will be brilliant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎