X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Brown Fur

I can find tons of blue fur that works well on Beast customs but for some reason I am having a problem finding some good synthetic brown fur that can be used for making a Wolf man custom.
    I have found several yards of stuff a Joann Fabrics but it was absolute **** and does not hold up to the blue stuff I found.

So....anybody know where I can find different various yards of brown fur that will hold up against the test of time and not look like ****?
    I am making a custom for somebody on here (and I think he might be becoming impatient with me LOL) and I don't want to slap something together that looks like ***. I want to use material that is going to hold up to the test of time.

Thoughts? (Without shaving a my neighbor's dog?)
    Last edited by Cosmicman; Apr 18, '09, 9:06 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

is the issue that it is fraying at the cut ends?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

If there's a craft store nearby you might be able to find 1 foot square patches of all sorts of furs. If not, cruise the toy/dollar stores and sacrifice some cheapie stuffed animals.

Don C.

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
        w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
        • Sep 17, 2008

Try this site:

Fur Fabric, Mohair, Suede, Chenille, Velour, Cotton, Knit, Fleece, Fabrics, Crafts, CR's Crafts - Largest Variety of Doll Supplies and Bear Supplies ANYWHERE!

If you search around through their different types of fake fur you should be able to find something you'd like to use.

Donovan
        MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          is the issue that it is fraying at the cut ends?
          No fray issue. It is an apply issue. When I apply it it just looks like crap. The blue stuff I used on my Beast was perfect so. I just need to find something brown like that. All the brown stuff I find look fake. Not sure why that is.

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

I would go shopping through my kid's stuffed animals. I'm sure there' something there...How about real fur?
            Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
            Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
            1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

OK, so its real looking? I got some stuff at WM a loooong time ago I used for Grodd that came in about 12 inch squares. The only catch was that it frayed a bit when you cut up the fabric.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                OK, so its real looking? I got some stuff at WM a loooong time ago I used for Grodd that came in about 12 inch squares. The only catch was that it frayed a bit when you cut up the fabric.
                Let me know what you want for it. I got a couple of Famous Covers females we can trade (if you want). I am doing this fur figure for someone on here and I want it his Wolfman to come alive. He has been really cool and a special guy on here for me and I want to make his custom look decent and not sloppy, so as you can see I am being really picky on the material.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I'm making a Mego Chewbacca, and I'm using one of those crappy Chewie mini backpacks/purses. I bought two on Ebay, which should be enough for Chewie.
                  I might have to trim the hair, though.

Star Wars Chewbacca purse at Purseuing
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Ohh, I don't think I have any, I was just trying to help find some. At Dollar Tree I saw a bear that I thought would be a good one to skin for a Chewie figure, you might want to look into that.

Comment

• roman
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 25, 2003

i may have what you want. i bought brown fur to do thundar. it's pretty good stuff. unlike the white fur i used on cap cold it did not shed or break. i sewed it to the boots i used. write me
                      Last edited by roman; Apr 28, '09, 1:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎