Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego boy CA
    megos are FUN!!
    • Mar 30, 2006

that's a great idea you got there, he looks way cool.
    sigpic
    "To The Batmobile!"
    "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

great likeness on the headsculpt.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>I created the character and did the writing and art on those Electric Fear books.

Holee smokes!

>I actually did 5 issues of Electric Fear. The first 3 are on Ebay sometimes but # 4 and 5 had very limited distro.

Five? FIVE?!?!!? Wow, I found the first issue by accident way back when it first came out. At the very beginning of the 80's Windsor had the greatest comic shop ever; but they closed around '83. (Probalems with staff I heard.) Since then we've been a pretty mainstream town as far as comics go. But for a while you never knew what you'd find.

I've wonderd if there were more issues. It's such an odd book; sorta virtual reality in reverse.

>Unfortunately the comic book business isn't as friendly to independently published books as it used to be way back in the old days.

No kiddin'.

Now I gotta track down the rest of the series.

Don C.

Comment

• swifty
          • Oct 25, 2007

more Psychospace

Hey Don C.
          If you want copies of Electric Fear #2, 3D, 4 and 5, I’ll trade you the whole series, straight across for that Sir Real custom you made. Does that seem like a good deal?

Here's another character from Electric Fear and my new video game called “Psychospace”. Her name is Bianca Robeson (aka: “B”). She rides her "Psyche Cycle" (aka: "Psych Bike", "Harmonic Attenuation Craft" or "The Pony") through Psychospace on a desperate mission to coalesce reality in the aftermath of The Thoughtstorm Wars. The floating, glowing eyeball thing is Ventrex, an intelligent voltaic-lifeform from a reality existing between dimensions called Interspace. Together B and Ventrex are the only beings capable of saving the day in the final level of gameplay in Psychospace.

I just finished the game design for this project and I have a development team working on a game demo now. The next step is to try to get pitch meetings with game publishers, which I’m working on but isn’t easy. Also, this is the first time I’ve written anything about this game concept on the internet anywhere so you’re all hearing about it first. Who knows if I’ll ever get the game published, but I’m trying. Tell all your gamer friends about it. I’m building a website to help promote it, too, but it’s not done yet.

Cheers everybody

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>If you want copies of Electric Fear #2, 3D, 4 and 5, I’ll trade you the whole series, straight across for that Sir Real custom you made. Does that seem like a good deal?

HEEHEEHEEEEEE!!!!!! Cool! PM me an addy and I'll ship him off. Now I can get caught up with the story.

>Here's another character from Electric Fear and my new video game called “Psychospace”. Her name is Bianca Robeson (aka: “B”). She rides her "Psyche Cycle" (aka: "Psych Bike", "Harmonic Attenuation Craft" or "The Pony") through Psychospace on a desperate mission to coalesce reality in the aftermath of The Thoughtstorm Wars.

Yeah; I DEFINITELY need to get caught up! I got a chance to read the first 40 or so issues of the original Fantastic Four comic; and I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the Electric Fear comic has that surreal, psychedelic sci-fi vibe going on. Like the original FF. But without the infighting, since it looks like a significant portion of the opposition gets blown up in the first issue.

>I just finished the game design for this project and I have a development team working on a game demo now. The next step is to try to get pitch meetings with game publishers, which I’m working on but isn’t easy.

THe problem with ANYTHING these days is there are so many intentional obstacles put in place by the big companies. Dunno if video games work like tv and movies, but if they do it'll be tough to get anyone to look at ANYTHING you do. My favourite scam was to phone places under the premise that I was doing research for a thesis paper (not ENTIRELY a lie...) and then during the interview sort of slip in my pitch. Most places have a setup that ensures you never get to talk to ANYONE who counts. That way if they do something similar to an idea you've pitched they can't be sued. (This became the standard after the TIny Toon's thing.)

Don C.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎