Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GUYx1
    FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
    • Apr 20, 2005

Yes, everyone received that email. The fact that he was up to 5 years behind in orders (while still taking and filling OTHER orders) is what concerins people.

I certainly know I was cringing when I saw special runs of resin bodies and such showing up for sale on the forum, when my body parts were not getting sent out for over a year.
    Cheers,
    Guyx1

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

It sounds as though he did practice poor business
      But
      Is there the possibility that

a - he will come through eventually?
      b - something really bad happened to him?
      c - both of the above

just want to throw the benefit of the doubt out there

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I dunno what to believe

I do think too many people give good reviews to shakey deals for fear of being an outcast ... and then by the time everyone compares notes, it's too late.

In a way, everybody on Mego Museum being one big happy family sometimes works against us...
        Last edited by Mikey; Feb 9, '09, 4:44 PM.

Comment

• marbkwds
          Da Bronx Mego Collector
          • May 10, 2005

I just received my heads from CustomLabs ........... They came in fridays mail . I don't know if starting this thread helped or made a difference but I am very thankful that they finally arrived ........... Roy

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

That's so great, Roy! I'm glad yours made it. Hoping everyone else's orders come in, too!!!
            Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
            Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
            1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• GUYx1
              FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
              • Apr 20, 2005

O M G !
              See I told you! There REALLY is a great pumpkin!
              And he will come to deliver toys to all the good little children in the world!

Now don't you all feel awful for doubting?
              Last edited by GUYx1; Feb 9, '09, 6:24 PM.
              Cheers,
              Guyx1

Comment

• YANOULI
                Part-Time Timelord
                • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by GUYx1

Now don't you all feel awful for doubting?
                Not at all, i still don't have my stuff or any way to contact him to ask about them.
                Last edited by YANOULI; Feb 9, '09, 9:08 PM.
                " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Azrak
                  This is what makes this place so susceptible to the occasional Andgor/monkeyheads/Russ who wanders through here. Russ did a half-assed job of running his "venture" for years, and then disappeared altogether. Over that time, he had just enough friends in the hobby to keep the growing number of alarms out of public scrutiny. The rare times that anyone said anything were met with "Russ is a good guy" responses from members in good standing. I'm not saying we should go all Lord of the Flies every time someone has makes a minor mistake, but I think in general we ere on the side of not being jerks and sometimes wind up paying for it. What happened to Russ is that he got in over his head of his own volition, and eventually his inner jerk took over.

I'm amused at the idea that Russ might sue someone for "liable." Let me get this straight......we're defaming him for alleging that he didn't violate Marvel and Time/Warner's rights in a timely fashion? I really hope no one here who lost money is holding back for fear of a lawsuit from Russ. He changed the face of customizing alright - he gave it a big black eye. Band together and try to get him for fraud, or let it go. If you want to give Russ a pass because he's so pathetic, I don't blame you. But remember there are people way worse off in the world who never would have ripped people off like he did.
                  I'm definitely not backing him or saying he is a good guy. I just always have this fear that someone is lying dead in their apartment while people wonder where they are. It happened to our friend. Of course she hadn't promised a ton of people a ton of things.
                  In Russ's case it sounds like he is alive and well - I was just askin.

Comment

• GUYx1
                    FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                    • Apr 20, 2005

I hear you. I would be shelling out $$$ every other week if I could get regular replies to emails.
                    The longer you wait for replies, you tend to spend your $$$ elsewhere.
                    I would have bought all Castaway's Musketeers, Nemo, etc if the contact had been better. Russ was always fast at replying if you wanted to buy something.

Sometimes it seems like the people who say I TRUST YOU even if I don't get my items are the ones who win. If I had more faith in Castaway and ordered without question, I would have had a pile of cool custom figures. I have to have faith that Russ will come through.
                    Cheers,
                    Guyx1

Comment

• Jerry68
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 12, 2008

I have to post this! My Customslab order came in the mail today! Thank you russ for making my order right! Perhaps our thread worked, perhaps he was going to do this anyway. I hope everyone else gets their orders!
                      sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Glad to hear your stuff is coming in guys.
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Jerry68
                          I have to post this! My Customslab order came in the mail today! Thank you russ for making my order right! Perhaps our thread worked, perhaps he was going to do this anyway. I hope everyone else gets their orders!
                          Great news, here's hoping everyone else gets their stuff as well
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• bleit1701
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 1, 2009

I also just received my order from Russ today. He does seem to be making good despite the cutting off of communications.
                            Better late than never.....

Comment

• YANOULI
                              Part-Time Timelord
                              • Jan 9, 2006

That's good to know.
                              " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

This is great news!

I got my order eventually from Russ as well--I hope things are turning around for him.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎